What's new

Receiver not turning on - Onkyo S5300 (1 Viewer)

JTMartin

Auditioning
Real Name
JT Martin
So... The prong on the wire that connects to my subwoofer broke off inside the receiver, so I opened it up to see what would need to be replaced. After doing some fiddling around I wasn't able to remove the piece that has the broken off prong, and I now have a bigger problem... When I plug the receiver in I hear the click you would normally hear when the receiver is turned on, except the unit has power for just a second (the light on the front lights up), and then it goes dead. This process will repeat indefinitely with the unit trying to turn on but not being able to. Can anyone give me some idea of what I might have done or what I need to do to get the receiver to work? :confused: Much Thanks! -JT

JTMartin

Auditioning
Real Name
JT Martin
mccambley said:
You may have been able to drill out the broken RCA plug but now it sounds like you need a new receiver.
I did a lot of research today and all signs point to the receiver not being fixable. What would I have done to cause this? You know, besides messing with something I didn't know enough about?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks