1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Receiver anomaly?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Boris_V, Jul 9, 2002.

1. Boris_V

Boris_V Agent

Greetings!

Something strange happened with my receiver. Suddenly all the controls went dead. The receiver was still working but I was unable to change any settings do to the fact that nothing happened after I pressed a button on the remote control and on the unit itself. I had to turn my receiver off and on again to force it to work normally again. Then I realized that all my adjusted settings were gone, all was set to default values. I’m really upset since the receiver is an Onkyo 595 and is less than a year in my possession. I have always thought that Onkyo produces quality units, not such garbage. What could have gone wrong? Should I return it to the store where I bought it since the warranty is still valid? But I doubt that they will find anything for it works again.

2. LiorM

LiorM Agent

Well, This things can happened due to some electrical interference.
    I will say that there is nothing wrong with your reciever.

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Very possible that it was a voltage spike or drop that caused this, and not a problem with the unit itself (at least I've never heard that one). Do you have any kind of surge suppression for the unit?

4. Boris_V

Boris_V Agent

No, i haven't any surge suppression. Hmm..., maybe it was a voltage problem, who knows. But since i haven't had any problems of this kind with any of my electrical devices so far, i'm sceptical.

Any more suggestions?