What's new

Rebuild of Evangelion 1.11: You Are (Not) Alone (1 Viewer)

veggiop

Grip
Real Name
veggiop
Well, this is the movie adaptation of the first couple of Evangelion episodes. Anyone who knows me knows I really like Evangelion, and anyone who knows Evangelion knows quite a bit of how... realistic it is. If you haven't seen the series, you might be a bit confused. In Japan, a common trend was to have the main character be a teenager who's dad was gone most of his life appear because he was making a giant robot or something to save the world, and the main character is the only one who can pilot it. Sound pretty fun?

Well, Evangelion took that and made it as realistic as possible. Imagine a 14 year old boy whose dad never showed up, and he was forced to live with his mom his whole life, knowing his dad, but notreally knowing him. He'd be pretty psychologically disturbed, right? Exactly. That's Shinji. But what kind of dad would abandon his family and spend most of his life working on it? Meet Gendo. That's pretty much the entire show, they take common occurrences in past-Giant Mecha shows and basically do what would really happen. It's invigorating, but pretty disturbing.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I watched most of Evangelion years ago and loved it, but never got around to finishing it. I'm thinking about watching this version, but not until they finish releasing it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks