What's new

Rears + Centre to match Mission M33s? Canada/Toronto (1 Viewer)

Peter Hunt

Stunt Coordinator
Hey folks,

man there is soooo much information on these threads that I am a little lost and looking for some opinions. I have a pair of Mission M33s for my fronts which I'v had for a few years, and for my needs I have been quite happy with them. I am looking to finish my home theatre and looking for suggestions on what to pair them with. I have always prefered the sounds they provide when compared to a JBL or Cerwin Vega for example.

1. I have read/heard that there are Canadian made speakers that are very decent and well priced when purchased in Canada. Suggestions that would pair nicely with the Missions?

2. I live in a condo so I don't have the perfect boxed home theatre setup so something with a larger "sweet spot" of projected sound would be nice. Also I don't need all the power in the world as I don't get to crank it that loud.

3. Pricepoint: My fronts retail for about $600 CAD ($475 USD) so looking for the rest of the speakers at a similar quality/price point.

4. I'm going to check out Missions matching M3C2 Centre and M30 rears but beyond that no clue.

Thanks for any help with the above points. I appreciate the time throwing in your two cents in the matter to get me started.

Cheers,

Peter

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I can't answer your question, but I don't know if you've seen it yet: Amazon has Mission for half price right now with free shipping (not sure if that applies to Canada or not).

Peter Hunt

Stunt Coordinator
Hey John,

Uhhhhhh wow. No I did not know about that Amazon sale and to be honest... That's pretty good. The two items would be $315 CAD on Amazon vs $780 local. Wow. I greatly prefer to buy local but that price difference may sink that idea.

Thanks a ton!

peter m. wilson

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Peter,

You mention that your finishing off your HT so I'm going to assume that your present speakers were mostly for music.

When it comes to HT you will hear the phrase timbre matching, particularly as it pertains to the front three speakers. This means (in your case) finding a mission center speaker that works well with the L/R speakers.

If your room is relatively small and you hae full size L/R speakers you can try a Phantom center concept and get smaller Mission rear speakers. For film however, personally I feel a center is best.

Canuck Audio Mart and Audio Eden are two Canadian web sites specializing in "The Previously Enjoyed" market and many of the products are in the GTA.

Good Luck,
Peter M.

Peter Hunt

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Peter,

I had bought some fronts a few years ago which were to be the start of my HT. So they have been used for music like you said and as something better then just TV speakers.

Based on the amazing price I was able to get through Amazon, I ordered them there. I've always liked the sound of missions and the price was great, so I figured just stick with them. So as it stands they are sitting in boxes at home while I am away on business. :frowning:

What I still need is a new receiver, brackets for my rears and cables/wires. I guess this will give me something to do with my spare time while out of town.

Thanks for the links, going to dig through them, appreciate it.

Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks