What's new

Reaper season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Which show do you speak of? I know she's on that shitty Chuck show....

:D

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
She's also an inherently interesting actress. Even if the material is mediocre, she always seems to be hiding something which adds so much to her performances.

I don't mind Missy, but she's definitely the weak link of the show. On the other hand, I love Valarie Rae Miller (much as I did when she was on "Dark Angel"). The scenes between Josie and Sock are some of the best for each episode.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Nora was also great in Brick, if you caught that.

Another candidate is Erin Cahill -- you may know her from the quickly cancelled Free Ride and On the Lot. She was the Rose McGowan look-a-like brunette who popped up every week.

Patrick, I believe it turned into a hotties thread right after you mentioned Missy in a gymnastics suit.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
"Leon"

A great episode that did a few things different. The formula of the show was different. With them capturing a soul at the beginning of the episode. Also, for the first time we saw a more confident Sam. Who is finally starting to assert himself. We saw him in the scene with Leon at the pyschiatrists office and in the final scene with the devil. :emoji_thumbsup:

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Yeah, I enjoyed Leon.
How Sam was more confident with Andy, the Devil and the soul.

I always enjoy Patton Oswalt when he's on Conan O Brien.

Loved how Ted was dressed up as Jack Sparrow, and even getting his mannerisms a bit there

Also pretty cool that the Vessel(Snow Globe) had a secondary use.
A snow storm wirl wind that knocked Soc and Sam back.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Pretty strong episode all around. Halloween needed to be special for a series dealing with the underworld, and it was for all of the reasons already mentioned. It was nice to see Sam grow a pair when Andi kept piling it on. It was also interesting seeing how the rules applied when two vessels were out at once; that each vessel only works with the assigned soul, for instance. And Sam turning the tables on the devil at the end was perfect. He's usually pissy, but this time he was actually happy and it showed. If the strike does kill all the freshman series, this is now right up there with "Chuck" among the shows I'd miss the most.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Ah:

"Dude, do you have betamax"

Fun episode tonight, and when Harmony showed up to start kicking ass, I was rolling with it, played the part very well.

But the devil is the part of the show I enjoy the most, so well played. Great dialogue too, especially in the early going of the show.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Man, it's like a ghost town in this thread. :frowning:

Best line of the week. "Ted is such a dick." :D

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Sock making out with Glady's was stomach churning, even if it was a dream lol. :laugh:

Nice twist this week with the cop fulfilling his obligation to satan.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
The scene with Sock was over the top.. gross, but funny.

Felt for Gladys. I'm waiting for him to have one episode where he embraces his devilish side and goes on a mini-romp of his own, with the "get out of hell free" card in his pocket.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Now I'm wondering if we're going to see the cop get out of hell and come after Sam in Season 2(if there is one)

Yeah, I thought it was pretty cool how the cop had a deal with the devil.

Soc making out with Gladys was hilarious-even though it was an implanted dream.

Even Andy and Sam had a nice little moment.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Me too. The scene with her and the shovel was just heartbreaking. I also liked the portrait of her as a fallen angel in Sock's copy of the bible. Christine Willes is one of the best character actors working on TV today. She's a genius at creating real human portrayals of really bizarre characters. There was a real sweetness to the last scene at the DMV, where Gladys admitted she planted the dream. It was a nice payback, but it was also an "apology accepted" moment.

This show is up there with "Chuck" among my favorites of the new season. TV has gotten so serious lately, it's nice to have a couple shows with a playful side to them.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Escapism. It's something that's lacking from too many shows. I don't need reality TV, things that look like my daily life or "feel real" all the time. Every so often, I just want complete escapism. The completely unreal that I can embrace and have fun with.

TV is terribly lacking in escapist entertainment, and this is one of the better attempts at it, and it pulls it off more often then not.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
The scene with sock was freaking funnier then hell.... both me and wife were laughing our asses off..... This show is quickly becoming one of our favorites!!!!

Lance_R

Stunt Coordinator
Just caught up with the past 3 episodes over the weekend. This show is funny! My wife and I both enjoy the show, I am glad it is an hour long too, not many 1 hour comedies anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks