What's new

RCA RT2250 5.1 Problems. Please help (1 Viewer)

TRBMan

Auditioning
Real Name
AJ Schmidt
Hello People,

i currently have a RCA RT2250 receiver hooked up with the speakers it came with. Problem is, i do not know how to get my rear speakers working. The instruction manual says i should simply be able to scroll through the surround mode options and get to Dolby Digital 5.1 from there. But this does not work. My speakers are currently set up through a speaker selector (just an FYI if people may deduce a problem from knowing this.) but when i click the Test button for the speakers all of the speakers produce a test noise. This leads me to believe that the speaker selector is not the problem.

Can someone help me out? I've had this system for a few years and haven't once gotten the 5.1 to work. If someone knows anything about this system, help would be greatly appreciated. I would love to be able to watch my TV and DVDs in 5.1 surround.

the manual can be found here for reference.
http://support.radioshack.com/suppor...oc61/61791.pdf

thanks a lot.

saag

Auditioning
Real Name
saud goblan
Which cable are you using to connect the DVD to the receiver?

TRBMan

Auditioning
Real Name
AJ Schmidt
i just actually switced over to a digital coaxial cable and realized that the sound comes out of the rear speakers now. but i still can not get the receiver to switch to Dolby Digital surround mode.

what should the audio output be set to on the DVD player? i have a setup menu.

i am away from home now, but when i get home i will post the audio output options on here.

EDIT--------
and the sound from the rear speakers are very low. almost barely heard. i wish i could fix this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks