What's new

rattling sound from one front speaker (1 Viewer)

brankulo

Agent
Real Name
brankulo
one of my front speakers is producing rattling sound at certain low frequency. i know it comes from speaker as i switched front speakers and now it comes from other direction. any idea what might be wrong? thanks

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Driver coming loose from the enclosure. Dust cap coming loose from the cone. Surround torn or wearing out. What did you see when you took a closer look? What speaker is it? This is like writing in to a car magazine and saying "My vehicle is making a 'ka-chunk' sound. What is wrong?" There needs to be some back and forth to dig deeper.

brankulo

Agent
Real Name
brankulo
i havent inspected the speaker yet, did check for loose cables but they are good. will check what you suggesting today and post outcome. it is definitive tech pro cinema 1000 speaker. 10 months old. dont use it too often, maybe twice a week for a movie length, not cranking it much either.

brankulo

Agent
Real Name
brankulo
so i took the speaker apart, and found out that 2 plastic housing that front cover screws into are cracked, screw wouldnt screw tight, i could just spin it forever, like if the thread was gone, which is probably what happened. so i am assuming that front cover was causing rattle. i repaired housings using jb weld, put a dab into thread holes. after it was dry screws went in tight. will still have to test it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks