What's new

Rate your own speakers...honestly! (1 Viewer)

aaron campbell

Second Unit
HK 525
Paradigm Monitor 7's
Paradigm CC-370
Paradigm Mini monitor surrounds
Paradigm ps-1000 sub soon to be an SVS PC-Ultra

Always looking to upgrade. Never have enough funds.;)

David K.

Second Unit
noticed that someone else has a mirage omni set up.

Harmon Kardon avr 225
-entry level hk, limited crossover settings. 50 w x 5 lacking in the juice department. lotsa connections though, but i need to upgrade.

mirage omni 60 bookshelves-

these are my front speakers. they sound great, very large soundstage for such small speakers. the imaging far exceeds the boundaries of the physical speakers and some instances the sound evelops you to the point of hearing sound from behind.

omni cc- seriously dissapointed. overly bright, cant get it to sound natural with voices, range seems to be too limited for the likes of lawrance fishbourne and such. IMO the center speaker drivers shouldve opted for 6 1/2". this speaker cant go low enough imo.

omni 50 bookshelves for surrounds- meh, they do their job.

two sawm 40's stacked = very boomy, i leave both at low levels.

RyanBarker

Auditioning
Hi, Here' s My setup:

Fronts: Mission M74i's
Center: Mission M7c2
Rears: Mission M70i's
Sub: Alpha Technology 8"
Reciever:Pioneer VSX D 606S
DVD Player : HomeTech D601
TV: Metz 29" Flat Tube

Well, I like the Missions alot. The M74's Rock on 2 channel music. When i bought the set I also looked at some B&W's, Polks and AE's. HT is great too.
THe Sub is crap, but i used it more with my old bookshelves. Now that i have Floor Speakers, I dont use the sub as much. I dont think I would buy a new one, maybe a DIY job if anything.
My reciever is Old. Thats my next upgrade. No DTS or DD EX
The DVD player is a cheapo...but I bought it because it plays DIVX movies. and the DVD and CD quality is acceptable.
TV, Hmm... cheap, but gets the job done. No plans for upgrade, too much money now. and i would rather work on the sound more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks