What's new

RARE Sansui SR-838 TT (1 Viewer)

AngeloEug

Stunt Coordinator
She's a gorgeous and sonically involving vintage turntable, high compliant arm that was/is highly regarded from our friends from the land of the rising sun.
Sansui made some spectacular pieces and this is one is exceptional.
SR838_3.jpg

Comes with Shure M97 IV cart with approx 50-100 hrs, still very detailed and emotionally intriguing sound.
Slight cosmetic blems some scuffing on the front lower of the plinth, and some by the tonearm, nothing deep, superficial surface that can be polished out if one desires.
The finish is piano black lacquer and highlighted with machined silver/aluminum.
Dustcover is 8/10 no cracks at all just some scuffing too that can also be polished as well.
Email with any questions...I'm asking $275 obo...I saw one sell for close to $500 on ebay either a collector or a fanatic but I feel my pricing is fair.
I would prefer local buyer but can ship at buyer's expense. Add $10 for double boxing and packing.
Thanks for looking!

AngeloEug

Stunt Coordinator
Just for reference there are several posts on various forums heralding this table as more impressive than today's Music Hall MMF-5 (a Stereophile recommended component)

In fact, this table is associated with the likes of Thorens TD-125 MKII's, Modded Lenco's and the venerable Technics SP-25.

Just one listen is all it takes...

AngeloEug

Stunt Coordinator
sorry, pics are up now. Shipping weight is 29lbs, the table weighs 25lbs all by itself. 5lbs of that is the just the platter.

Thanks

Blaine-O

Auditioning
Real Name
Blaine Lindquist
Hi, my name is Blaine and wondering if this record player is still for sale and would you ship to Canada?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zionaesthetic
Recent bookmarks