What's new

Rare DTS and/or Anamorphic titles (Brazil R4 NTSC) (1 Viewer)

Jeff Mason

Stunt Coordinator
Alex,

If I wanted to order the BTTF set from Brazil, would there be some way to distinguish the old set from the new or some way to specify to the retailer that I only wanted the new set?

Wishful thinking for the moment...

AlexBC

Second Unit
Jeff,

I believe dvdworld.com.br already has the correct pressing. Though it would be safer if you contact them by e-mail first.

would there be some way to distinguish the old set from the new or some way to specify to the retailer that I only wanted the new set?
Unfortunately no, but the old set hasn´t shipped for months, so if they got a new shipment it will sure be new one.

I know for sure that www.subamarino.com.br is a retailer that carries the corrected version, and their stock is completely new so they don´t have the bad pressing anymore. But I´m not sure if they ship internationally

CraigL

Screenwriter
I ordered the Internal Affairs DVD (Richard Gere) from Brazil and it's not anamorphic though several websites claim it is. :frowning: Oh well.

AlexBC

Second Unit
Hi Craig,

All Paramount titles are identical to the R1 release (well maybe except for Saving Private Ryan, but that's different since it wasn't released by them in the US), and the problem is that sometimes misprints occur on the covers, which leads retailers to post incorrect information (i.e. the previously discussed Private Parts).

Well, as far as I'm concerned the list contains all R4 Brz titles that have anamorphic enhancement or DTS tracks that are not present on their R1 counterpart. And I'm constantly checking out the new releases to find out some new additions. Of course something may pass through, but in that case it would be safer if you tried to confirm that here on this thread, so that you don't have any more of these unpleasant surprises. I'd be glad to try to confirm the info on any title you or some other member may be interested.

AlexBC

Second Unit
Estevan,

like Craig said it's completely out of print now, and I can no longer find it on any retalier, so I'll just cut it out of the list. I'm about to order the new japanese version, I don't think this version will be better image wise, but the DTS track will sure kick some ass.

CraigL

Screenwriter
I don't think this version will be better image wise, but the DTS track will sure kick some ass.
HUH?

Why wouldn't it? The Japanese one is anamorphic where the R1 version is not. The picture quality should be MUCH better!

Btw...for Christmas I got the following DVD's from Brazil:

Mrs Doubtfire (16x9)
Deep Impact (16x9)
Office Space (16x9 BUT it's also not DVD-9)
Volcano (16x9)
Internal Affairs (supposed to be 16x9 but isn't)

AlexBC

Second Unit
Craig,

Deep Impact was released in Brazil by Dreamworks, so it's indeed anamorphic (that's why I usually place the studio on the title listing). But what I said remains true, all titles that are distributed both R1 and R4 Brz by Paramount are equal sans the subtitles and some times audio languages.

Regarding True Lies, Estevan asked about the R4 anamorphic version, so I was talking about this version and that I think it will look better than the Jpn one, consindering that back on the time of it's release, Universal used to put out some of the best transfers.

Anyway, it's great to know that you've acquired so many titles. Btw, has this new bach arrived yet?

CraigL

Screenwriter
Anyway, it's great to know that you've acquired so many titles. Btw, has this new bach arrived yet?
Yes it most certainly did. Dvdbrazil rocks my world. I wish that more titles that I need in 16x9 or DTS would come out in Brazil. It would do my wallet good.

Thanks for all your help and information!

AlexBC

Second Unit
Craig,

The Universal one came out about a year ago. If this Jpn version is better, then that's all I could ever ask for, DTS audio + better PQ. I hope you're right.

CraigL

Screenwriter
Actually...i already have the Robocop SE from Asia...

I was interested in Robocop 2. Is that only available in the boxed set?

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Craig,
I did some research and see the Robocop SE has both versions - theaterical and the Dir Cut via Seamless branching, but I read its isnt so seamless and that they are pauses.

Can you confirm?

Im gonna pass on Conan becuase I prefer the theatrical to the international cut:frowning:

CraigL

Screenwriter
I know on my R3 version of Robocop...there's no choice. You only get the unrated version which is fine with me. The extras are excellent. But I'm still hanging on to my Criterion. :)

So...anyone know anything about Robocop 2?

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
Now you got me thinking. I've got the R2Japan, R2UK (DC), R3Korea and Criterion versions of Robocop. I thought only the R2UK DC and Criterion were the 'uncut' version.

However, I just checked them for the overhead shot in the Board room where the guy Continues to get shot after he's dead:

R2J is missing and they even mention it in the commentary.
R2UK (DC) does include the shot
R3K well Son of a ...it is the unrated version. But includes the same commentary as the cut R2J version.

The purpose of this post was to knock down the idea that the R3K version was the DC, but I'm pleasantly surprised that I was wrong! Looks like I can get rid of the UK version.

The R2UK commentary sounds like the same one but excludes those parts that talk about the cut version.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
That would be just the R3K then.

I should have stated that the R2UK PAL version includes both via Seamless Branching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks