What's new

Rain in Car-Help (1 Viewer)

WadeB

Stunt Coordinator
Like an idiot I left my driver side window open, and the inside of my car is soaked. Other than dry it out as best I can, does anybody have any suggestions for anything that will keep it from mildewing, any products that are good to use that won’t smell like chemicals that are made for just such a thing. I’d hate for my car to start smelling musty. Thanks!

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member

Perhaps we could lure him out with something... hmm...

(sorry, couldn't help myself)

Seriously, I would leave your windows cracked whenever possible... and park in the sun.. if you've got any this time of year. My wife left my sunroof wide open during a downpour once... my car felt like a jungle inside for a day or so but came out alright.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I once left the convertible top down while I went inside a friends house. Then it rained. Oops.

Just clean things up as best you can, and leave the vent open when you're not in the car. You should be fine.

wally

Second Unit
Fill trunk with silica.

Seriously keeping fresh air circulating as much as possible will help.

Might try a box/window fan(s) when in the garage. We use them on occasion when our basement floods. A little musty smelling at first but dries fine after several days.

AllanN

Supporting Actor
Fresh air and sunlight are the best remedies. If you know you are going to have a good sunny day in GA soon park it in the sun and leave all the windows wide open. Just dont forget to close them before the next rain. :D

WadeB

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the tips and I enjoyed the joke about Rain.

Seeing the moisture build up on my driver side window during the day, I can see the benefit of letting some air and sun in. Unfortunately it's been threatening rain (and ice!) all day and looks like the same for tomorrow.

Maybe I'll run a hair dryer on an outdoor extension cord and try to dry things up and hope that Wednesdays forecast (Sunny!) is correct.

Wish I had a garage.

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
Without a garage you are pretty hozed. I had that trouble once and was successful with a space heater and a garage overnight. Without a garage you may want to pick a clear night and crack the window.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks