What's new

RAH's "A few words about..." list (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Christopher D. Jacobson
Sorry if this isn't the appropriate forum to bring this up, so feel free to move if you like. I really enjoy reading Mr. Harris' Blu-ray reviews, but find it disheartening that there is no complete, up-to-date list of them. There used to be a regularly updated one here, but as you can see, it hasn't been updated in quite some time. I'd love for there to be a list of those reviews: and an option to view the list chronologically (by date of review) and alphabetically. I could possibly do it myself (even using this thread perhaps), but I might miss a lot of reviews. Just wondering if anyone's been thinking of doing this.

Cinema Squid

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris Thoman
Here is a sortable list of all the Blu-ray "A few words about..." (no DVD or HD DVD): http://www.cinemasquid.com/blu-ray/movies/reviews?review-author=robert-harris Should be reasonably complete, but let me know if you notice any missing ones.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Christopher,

I used to keep that list up to date, as long as we were on the previous version of our forum. The effort needed to do that was not negligible, but nevertheless limited because I could use certain functions of the old software.

When we moved to the current environment, over two years ago, it was no longer possible, unfortunately, to go on the same way, so reluctantly I had to decide to stop doing that.

Perhaps the current functionality would support again keeping that list up to date (and the thread reasonable) in a sufficient way, I'm not sure about that, but since then I have moved on and I don't feel I have enough time on a daily basis to reboot that job.

Cees

Real Name
Christopher D. Jacobson
Great suggestions. Lovin' the Cinema Squid page. (Thanks, Squid; I regularly check your BD screenshots.) Is there a way to do a search at Cinema Squid to specifically see off-hand if RAH has done a review for a specific movie? I do usually just search on this board for "a few words about" plus title, but thought I'd ask.

Cinema Squid

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris Thoman
Kriztoffer Swank said:
Is there a way to do a search at Cinema Squid to specifically see off-hand if RAH has done a review for a specific movie? I do usually just search on this board for "a few words about" plus title, but thought I'd ask.
Unfortunately, there's not really a good way to do that at the moment. It's simpler just to search this board like you have been or use a Google site search - ex. a few words about site:hometheaterforum.com

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
We are in the process of moving all the A Few Words About BD threads to a dedicated subforum here in the Blu-ray area (will take a few days). They will still be visible in the "main" Blu-ray forum, but they will have a dedicated area now. I know this isn't a complete list, but they should be easier to find. You can also subscribe or follow RAH to have all his threads automatically added to your subscriptions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks