What's new

Radar Detectors (1 Viewer)

Scott Tucker

Stunt Coordinator
I use my Passport 8500 to locate the nearest drive-thru. I guess Andrew would argue that i may die of high cholesterol.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member

Is this in any way a valid argument when so many people speed without anyone dying? I've probably broken the speed limit on the majority of trips I've taken in my car. I have never been involved in a fatality. In fact in the three accidents I've been involved in speed was not a factor. Most fatalities likely occur because of some other behavior, not just speeding.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Will you people please stop dictating other members what and where to post on a subject? Until you've become a moderator of this forum that is?

Andrew's points are relevant to the subject, even if you don't agree with that or with his position. And please, stop changing the subject of the conversation by jumping to the "is this angle allowed" meta-level. If you don't want to reply to someone's posts or points, don't.
If the points raised by a poster make you feel uncomfortable, think why.

Cees

Mark Danner

Stunt Coordinator

I dont have to explain anything to anyone. I speed everyday and I have had only one accident(knock on wood). That was in a parking lot backing out of a parking space about 15 years ago. This argument that if you speed you are inevitably going to kill some one is ridiculous. There is a good chance that you speed everyday as well. I bet your speedometer is not exact. Most very +/- 3 or 4 MPH. So unless you always drive 5 MPH under the limit you could be speeding. I have a lot more dangerous people on the road to worry about than speeders. They are the q-tip boxes (retirees in Cadillac's)that are constantly trying punch it across 3 lanes of traffic even though they cant see anything further than 50 yards.

Cam S

Screenwriter
I have no problem whatsoever with radar detectors. They are legal where I live, so people have a right to buy and use them. I use one for that reason, it's my right. If anything, I speed LESS with the radar. I am just more aware of my speed more with the radar on. It's almost funny how that works. If people get radars to speed WAY over the speed limit, well then they obviously have other problems.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Wish I could've bought one (they're illegal here), might have saved me the ticket I got recently :frowning:

But seriously, the experience did lead me to recognise I overdo it a bit sometimes, and given that all drives in this tiny country are pretty short, how much time do I really save anyway? A few minutes? Might as well chill a bit and avoid stressing out.

(I must clarify, I get more stressed out from moronic drivers doing stupid things, rather than the speed issue per se. So maybe this comment is a little OT? Sorry, returning you to your regularly scheduled programming...)

Mark Danner

Stunt Coordinator
I am looking to get a new radar detector and found something interesting. The V1 does not detect POP radar. Maybe not widely used but for $400 I dont see why they do not include that type of detection.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks