What's new

Rabid S.e (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Anthony
Cronenberg fans will be pleased to see that a Special Edition of RABID is scheduled for the 11th of May, although the only noteworthy extra is a commentary by the director.

Drew Reiber

Supporting Actor
I thought it was also widescreen and an approved transfer. I think my old one is pan & scan, from Corman's New Concorde DVD line.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it's a new transfer. The old one looked like it came from a 16mm print someone found in their basement. I think the only film missing from the Cronenberg canon is now "M. Butterfly" (after this and the release of "Fast Company" on April 27th.)

Martin_T

Stunt Coordinator
Cronenberg is one of my favorite directors.

Really glad that I never ran into a copy of Rabid on the store shelf, since I am sure that I would have double dipped on this title!

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Really? That's weird. Cronenberg has said he's not going to contribute to his DVDs unless he gets to approve the transfers, so what's up with this? DDD of course is already backordered on this title even though I preordered it a month ago.

JayF

Stunt Coordinator
I can confirm it's non-anamorphic. Disappointing, but the print itself looks pretty good.

I picked up the last copy at my local Best Buy yesterday at lunch. The kid at the register said he'd already sold 4 of them and was wondering what the movie was.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Is it 1.66:1?

And otherwise looks good? Did they clean up the soundtrack any?

Oh yeah... and how's the commentary?

I believe I've used up my daily allotment of question marks.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen it myself, but at Mobius there's general agreement that it looks worse than the old Corman transfer. What's up with that??:frowning:

JayF

Stunt Coordinator
I never saw the older release, but I would have a hard time believing that this is worse.

The soundtrack isn't the greatest, and is a bit shrill in some places, but given the budget I think it's acceptable.

Haven't listened to the commentary.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks