1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

R3 "Year of the Dragon"

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Jeff_HR, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Well-Known Member

Has anyone purchased this version yet? If so, what are your impressions of the DVD? Thanks.

2. Garry Cowell

Garry Cowell Well-Known Member

3. Jeff_HR

Forgot! Sorry about the brain fade.[​IMG]

4. Garry Cowell

Garry Cowell Well-Known Member

Hehe!

I actually saw your post on dvdmaniacs.net but it took (is still taking) time for my registration to come thru'. So in the meantime I found my review on here. Then got a sense of Deja Vu with your sig! Then spotted this same thread here and was surprised you'd missed my review in the original thread! [​IMG]

5. Jeff_HR

Like I said, a bad case of brain fade.[​IMG] I'll be buying this soon because heaven only knows if it will ever get a R1 release.

6. Jeff_HR

I watched this last night. I thought the DD 5.1 soundtrack was pretty good. I agree with Garry Cowell's impressions posted elsewhere about the opening shoot out in the restuarant. I thought that the transfer look nicely sharp with good colors. I really liked the subtitles that just subbed the chinese characters speaking. I've not seen that before on a DVD. The only thing I would have liked more, is a behind the scenes documentary. Very nice DVD.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]