What's new

R2 - Blake's 7 Season 1 shipped! (1 Viewer)

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Great news! Please post your thoughts on the set when you get it - there are still no reviews out there!

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
I just checked my Amazon UK order status - not shipped yet - dang! But your news is certainly encouraging; I would have bet a tidy sum that it would be delayed yet again, had I been able to find any takers.

Kai Zas

Second Unit
That's weird. I received this from them:

So... my Blake's 7 is on route back through time and should've arrived last september. Come to think of it, it did. Now where did I put it? :)

Let's hope thet got the first batch and shipped it to the people who orderd the earliest. Or something.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Kai: I had that same delivery date on my order also, which I placed quite a while ago, until I added Angel, Series 4 to the order, which then updated it - shipping date is all that matters.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I'm still wondering when the R1 release of B7 season 1 will be out. the R2 release might be a good reason to get a multi-region DVD player.

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
I received a shipping notice today also.

The original intent for R1 was for BFS to release all 52 episodes of Blake's 7 on 10 discs. That's 5 episodes on 8 discs and 6 on 2. The R2 release is 13 episodes on five discs (3 more sets to follow). If BFS sticks to the original plan, I'd go for the R2 releases.

Kai Zas

Second Unit
Well now... watched the first ep and I must say, great quality. I don't remember much of what I've seen as a child, so most of the story seems new to me. Realy dark stuff, though.

One thing. If you're unfamiliar with the episode order, make sure you check it out inside the box. The episode menu has them laid out in a confusing order like this:

Now, I didn't check the box and started with the episode on the left(Space Fall). Later on, whilst reading through some sites, I found out that the uppermost episode (The Way Back) was the first one. Dang!

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
I've been going slowly through my set (alternating with Angel, Season 4). It looks fine, or at least as fine as the source probably allows. Kinda dull colors. Dialog is clear enough that I don't have to rely on subtitles. Any rumors on when the remainder of the series is scheduled to be released? I certainly hope that it doesn't take another two years for each season.

One nice thing about ordering this from Amazon UK - they dropped the price and refunded 2.97 pounds.

Kai Zas

Second Unit
The dull colors become apparent when you watch the season 2 trailer.

Btw, I received this in my mailbox today:

That's downright amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks