What's new

R Rated Weird Science remake in the works (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Joel Silver is getting ready to remake John Huge's great comedy.Michael Bacall(Project X, 21 Jump Street) is writing the script.I don't like this idea.Weird Science is a classic comedy.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
JohnS said:
Joel Silver is getting ready to remake John Huge's great comedy.
Weird Science is a classic comedy.
(Y'know, you can usually tell who was actually ALIVE when John Hughes movies came out in theaters?
Ask your dad how happy he was about John Hughes movies being in theaters, when he was your age: Put it this way, know how we're always wondering when Adam Sandler would stop making three movies a year?...Yeah, it was kinda like that, back then.)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
JohnS said:
Joel Silver is getting ready to remake John Huge's great comedy.Michael Bacall(Project X, 21 Jump Street) is writing the script.I don't like this idea.Weird Science is a classic comedy.
Remakes are great because it usually means that the original will come to Blu-ray. I don't care about how the remake turns out when I get what I want out of it.

I saw a headline about this on another site and wasn't even interested enough to read about it. However, Michael Bacall has written some funny stuff (Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World and 21 Jump Street) so I'm more interested than I was.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Another remake that I don't see the point in since the original holds up just fine for what it is. If they are already pushing an R rating, I shudder at how crass this might turn out to be. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for crass, classless and offensive humour, I just don't see Weird Science needing it. There's a naive innocence to the original. If someone needed a dirtier version (which I have to admit, 13 year old me getting the movie on VHS wanted) I'm sure there's a Triple X parody version for that.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Probably it'll be PG material with two F-bombs dropped in. :)On the plus side, 21 Jump Street was hysterical, so it's possible that this won't suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks