What's new

"Quincy, M.E.", Season 3 where are you? (1 Viewer)

bronson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adrian
FanCollector said:
It's been a long haul to this point, and I had my moments of doubt, but very glad to see the series finished on DVD. The last season isn't up to the standards of the rest of the series, but there are some good shows and some last great performances from Klugman.
Season 8 isn´t as good as the other 7 Seasons?
Doesn´t matter to me. I´d like to have them all to complete my collection of the series.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
bronson said:
Season 8 isn´t as good as the other 7 Seasons?
Doesn´t matter to me. I´d like to have them all to complete my collection of the series.
I'd like to have all of Hart to Hart too, even if No. 5 (1983-84) isn't as good as the previous four.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
jack klugman was one of the greatest actors of our time. i see snowflakes in the background. cool. on another note hopefully shout can get their hands on the final season of black sheep squadron.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
bronson said:
Season 8 isn´t as good as the other 7 Seasons?Doesn´t matter to me. I´d like to have them all to complete my collection of the series.
Don't get me wrong! I'm a big fan of the series and have been eagerly awaiting this last season. But for me, the addition of Emily Hanover was not a helpful change to the show, and the writing was less skillful and well-structured in the last year. Most shows face a decline in their final seasons, and Quincy's may have been steeper than others, but that may just be because its earlier heights were so high.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
FanCollector said:
Don't get me wrong! I'm a big fan of the series and have been eagerly awaiting this last season. But for me, the addition of Emily Hanover was not a helpful change to the show, and the writing was less skillful and well-structured in the last year. Most shows face a decline in their final seasons, and Quincy's may have been steeper than others, but that may just be because its earlier heights were so high.
I thought she provided a good addition to the show. I know I'll sound like a broken record, but I wish that they would have given one more season to flesh things out with her.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
The big cheat of having Quincy marry Emily though was how even at the wedding ceremony they STILL wouldn't give us Quincy's first name. "Do you Quincy....." Come on!

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I plan to get the rest if Quincy down the road as my budget opens up for me to spend the money.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
younger1968 said:
I plan to get the rest if Quincy down the road as my budget opens up for me to spend the money.
If you have Netflix all seasons are streaming in HD, looking absolutely amazing.

LCD22

Screenwriter
I'm trying to remember which episode the song "I Want to Hold Your Hand" was originally heard (or played in). Haven't had much luck on Google. Hopefully one of you either knows the answer or can direct me to an answer.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I don't know the answer, but I'm 100% sure the song didn't make it to the DVD unless it was a cover version. The original Beatles version would have been too expensive. I don't recall hearing the song on any of the DVDs, but as it took so long for the series to be released the first four seasons aren't as fresh in my mind seasons 5-8. Also, I don't remember noticing any glaring edits to the series but sometimes the edits aren't as noticeable as other times.

LCD22

Screenwriter
It is anywhere from Seasons 4-8. And Shout! did replace the song on the DVD. I wonder if it was a Season 8 episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks