What's new

Quick X-Files Guide Please (1 Viewer)

Kev_S

Grip
Real Name
Kevin Shinner

It has to be exactly the same transfer right? I mean if Fox wouldn't replace the DVD back in the day I doubt they would have done anything for this release. Maybe it’s just not noticeable to some people?

Justin Hargis

Stunt Coordinator
All of these shots were taken from disc 1 of the new "slim" Season 6 set.

from Triangle:

from Dreamland:

from Beginning:

from Drive:

All of the pictures have same .jpg compression from Photoshop. Notice how garbled the Bill Roe credit appears in the Triangle picture compared to the rest of the pictures.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
I decided to look at my copy again, and sure enough Bill Roe's credit and ALL of the credits are a bright white. The images are crystal clear as usual.
Guess I was lucky with my copy of Triangle from this year's 6th season set. :)

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

You know, the "no new transfer" camp has offered screenshots, VOB files, etc. whereas the "new transfer" people have yet to offer anything but claims that have yet to be backed up in any way whatsoever.

JayDerek

Stunt Coordinator
I checked out my new thin pack Season 6 DVD's and they look exactly like the shots posted above. :frowning: It's really too bad Fox didn't go back and fix Triangle...

~Jason

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Sorry, I don't know how to post screenshots. That's because my old PC that I've had for 6 years can't read DVDs.

However....I'm getting a Mac Mini sometime this week. If you would PM me instructions on creating and uploading a screen photo still, I'd be more than happy to give it a try.

I just got the slim re-release of Season 9 and noticed something odd - the theme song for 4-D is the normal one, not the unique one like the tv broadcast. I remember some random things were backwards, and the tagline was erehT tuO sI hturT ehT. Was this skipped over on the original Season 9 release as well?

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
Any word on whether the last few seasons have dropped the extras disc? I just bought the original Season 8 at Best Buy since they price dropped both versions there.

I'm wondering if I should grab Season 9 before the first edition disappears.

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor
Seasons 6, 7 & 8 have all the original bonus features. The rest don't. If that matters to you, you should pick up season 9 before it disappears.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
I've always had issues with Season 6. I remember exchanging it a few times. If I remember right the first 5 or so episodes had a weird speed-up flickering.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Discs 6 and 7. It has the great making of The Truth (which is feature length), the usual mini-documentary about the season, Secrets Of The X-Files (a recap show from S2), More Secrets Of The X-Files (a second recap show from S3), the deleted scenes w/commentary, TV spots, character profiles and a DVD-ROM game.

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
Thanks for the help, guys! I was driving past Best Buy today and decided to stop in. They had 1 copy of the first edition of Season 9 at the lower price.

Dumb me forgot to bring his wallet.

I had to go home and drive back for it but it was worth it. Not that it's a great season by any stretch of the imagination but the extras (which are now out of print) contain a lot of documentaries about the entire series and focus heavily on the early seasons. IMO, the extras are worth the forty bucks.

Eric DiPiazza

Stunt Coordinator
The special features are completely worth the extra cash IMO. In fact they are the only reason why I never even considered selling off my old season sets to pick up the newly packaged ones, despite the fact that they look cooler and save space.

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
Our neighborhood has had no power for the last week (heat wave and thunderstorms) so last night I pulled out Season 8 and watched "Roadrunners" on my laptop.

Maybe it was the dark, quiet house but it hit me pretty strongly. If my power ever comes back, I'm going to speed through the final seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks