What's new

Quick X-Files Guide Please (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Last I heard, the sequel is set during that time frame. Personally, I think that it's likely that they will go that route just so they can use whatever characters they want and have M&S still at the FBI (as stated above).

Although it's not like the story is set in stone at this point.

Eric DiPiazza

Stunt Coordinator
I'm just not a fans of prequels really. I've actually never seen one that I liked because it takes away so much from the unkown. You know that Mulder and Scully won't be in any real danger, nor will any of the secondary characters such as the LG, CSM, Skinner, and Doggett die because we already know what happens to them. The movie just won't be as fun, exciting and unpredictable as it could be. But then, that's just me.

JohnEF

Stunt Coordinator
I have seasons 1 through 7 (mostly gifts from my wife and daughter) and am currently seeing them for the second time (the 40 minutes plus per episode is perfect for my treadmill workout while watching an episode). My problem is that there are certain episodes I really like but I usually can't remember what season and I do not pay too much attention to the titles of each episode. Is there a web site where all the episodes are listed with brief descriptions?

John

PS-I enjoy the Lone Gunmen episdoes and have purchased the separate series. Too bad there will be no more episodes.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey

Actually, that's a good point that I hadn't thought about. Though I seriously doubt an audience would be thinking Mulder and Scully are going to die anyway, it does mean secondary characters aren't going anywhere either unless they are completely new (in which case death is a certainity :) ).

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I didn't realize that the new movie would take place at the season 7 timeline. That is interesting. Hopefully it works out and not to many ppl will be confused by it.

This past week I finally got Season 9 completing my collection! :D These episodes will be completely new to me as I stopped watching the series shortly into season 8. When it first aired I couldn't get used to Doggett... and slowly lost interest. But then I got Season 8 several months back and some reason really got into it again. So I am really looking forward to see season 9.

Though it may be a while before I see it... I am seriously considering starting with season 1.... and watching a marathon completely through the series. :D

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Robert Patrick was great as Agent Doggett in The X-Files, but somehow I'm getting the impression from seeing the premiere episode of the new Dennis Haysbert CBS series THE UNIT that co-star Patrick isn't going to be as good as the Colonel, but I could be wrong....his young blonde wife alone can keep me tuning in! :D

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor

Cool! Only about a week later than I was expecting. Now I just hope Best Buy does another "$30 off when you buy all three" sale again for 4-6 and 7-9. Getting the sets for $25 each takes the sting out of the missing bonus material.:D

SteveVM

Stunt Coordinator
Just got home from Berst Buy and I was very suprised to see
the new slims of S4-S6 at $41.99 already on the shelf a week early. And no special pricing like S1-S3.
I already own S1-S3 and was hoping for the same special on S4-S6

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
If there is a sale, the price won't be in effect until March 28. Personally, I don't think Best Buy will offer the same deal (since they just try to get you addicted with the first three seasons) but check out the ads this weekend and hold out hope.

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor
From what I've heard, they'll have the same deal ($15 off two sets and $30 off three sets; good for seasons 1-6). But the base price has gone from $34.99 per season to $37.99 per season. So if you buy all three at the same time, they'll be $27.99 each instead of $24.99 like last time.

That's annoying, but it's still too good a deal to pass up. I'll be there Tuesday morning to grab mine. :D

EDIT: I read this over at the Bargains forum at DVDTalk. Someone has next weeks flyer and posted all the sale prices for next week. They're always accurate and I have no reason not to trust those prices.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
$27.99 each of the next 3 seasons in one shot is not annoying at all, because I paid Deep Discount DVD $35 and change per season for # 2 and 3 and $40 to Fry's Electronics for the first season which I purchased last.

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor

Fair enough. Let's just say that its annoying from my point of view because I was able to get 1-3 for $24.99 each last time. :D

I'm still thrilled about the price. And I'll still be there first thing in the morning to pick mine up. Its just that I was expecting the price to be the same, so I was caught off guard.

And it's also a great deal for those who still haven't gotten 1-3. From what I understand, all six will be at that price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks