1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick question about RPTV's

Discussion in 'Displays' started by EarleD, Apr 29, 2003.

1. EarleD

EarleD Well-Known Member

Which RPTV's allow each input to be calibrated independently?

Also which RPTV's has 1 button access to each input, I dont want to have to scroll thru each input?

Earle

2. greg_t

greg_t Well-Known Member

Pioneers have both. Not sure about which other brands do.

3. TimWalsh

TimWalsh Member

Hitachi's inputs can be accessed on demand via 5 separate video buttons and one Ant button which toggles A/B on the remote. Calibration as I understand it is done via input for component, dvi, composite etc.

4. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

Very few RPTV's permit specific grayscale calibration by input. It is usually by signal type ... not by input. 480i / 480p / 1080i / 720p This is about it at best.

There really is no set out there that allows specific calibration on one particular input plug. So if the TV had 10 video inputs, you could do 10 specific calibrations. Sorry. Does not exist.

Pioneers can sort of do it, but not intentionally. You essentially reassign the various modes like std, theater ref, news ... etc to match a certain signal type like composite video or S-video or ... etc. Then you manually select std everytime you watch via the S-video signal.

So if your TV has 10 s-video plugs ... you don't get 10 separate set ups. Just one. Whether on video one or video 9 ... the S-video signal is supposed to look the same.

REgards

5. EarleD

EarleD Well-Known Member

Michael and others

Thanks for the info. Im a newbie to the video side of HT. What are your thoughts on the Panasonic 53" and the Hitachi RPTV's?

earle