What's new

Quick and hopefully basic ??? about HDTV Programming (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Yes. But you can also receive HDTV over the air if you live near any stations broadcasting digital signals. Very few cable companies support HD with their so-called "digital" cable boxes, however. I don't know about Chicago's situation, though.

Ok, so it depends on whether your local network affiliate are able to broadcast in HDTV and if they did, the HD signal can be received via normal t.v. antenna or direct cable signal(nondigital)?

David Judah

Screenwriter
Sign up for a free account at TitanTV.com and it will tell you what you can receive in your area from the local affiliates.

I use a Samsung SIR-T151 HD box to pick up local HD in Albuquerqe. It was a cheap way to get some HD without having to get satellite.

DJ

David,
Thanks for the website.
These HDTV broadcasts are run on a separate channel from the normal affiliate (cbs, cbs-hd)correct? How do I find these seperate Network HD channels?

David,
Thanks for the website.
These HDTV broadcasts are run on a separate channel from the normal affiliate (cbs, cbs-hd)correct? How do I find these seperate Network HD channels?

James Stierman

Stunt Coordinator
You can only recieve the hd network feeds thru an HD set top box that decodes off antenna, or a handfull of tv have the digital tuner built into them. I heard that samsung makes a nice hd box that will decode of an antenna. If you have a digital decoder it will pick up these feeds and display them.

Ok, so you can get the signals through the antenna, and it is up to the box to locate and decode the local HDTV signals. Thanks everybody!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks