What's new

Questions to Paramount regarding upcoming Friday the 13th DVD's (1 Viewer)

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
Please stop bumping the thread with the same questions over and over.
------------------
Link Removed
"One does not simply walk into Mordor."
Link Removed

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
"Please stop bumping the thread with the same questions over and over."
With all due respect, Mr. Gillespie, my comment was regarding the VHS copy of Friday the 13th. I could have started a whole new thread on the subject, but I decided to use the "Questions to Paramount regarding upcoming Friday the 13th DVD's" forum instead, to conserve space and not to have a zillion Friday the 13th threads up here. I thought this was intended to be the sort of "One and Only" Friday the 13th questions thread, but apparently it isn't. In the future I will post differing thoughts in seperate threads. The relationship between Paramount and the Friday fans hasn't been the greatest in the world, and I'd like to try to fix it, but as long as you're going to scold us like little children for wanting answers to questions, we'll never get that respectibility. I don't go to threads where you post your thoughts on cinematic subjects and reprimand you for following the rules of the thread, so I'd appreciate the same from you and the rest of the HTF. Thanks.
About the language used in the thread, guys let's try to keep this civil and mature. The Paramount/Friday fans relationship is already rocky enough. Let's try to fix things, instead of harm things, huh?

Lafe F

Second Unit
"Please stop bumping the thread with the same questions over and over."
What is wrong with making another inquiry if we haven't yet gotten an answer? This thread will get buried otherwise. The Phantom Menace and Willy Wonka threads had a lot of redundant concerns and they were not discouraged.
Looking back, how hard would it have been for a representitve at Paramount to contact the art department where the covers were slapped-together? Now with less than a month until release, it's obviously too late for things to be changed. We were trying to stop the ugliness from happening, but our patience and persistence did not pay off.

Martin Blythe

Second Unit
Well, I did investigate the artwork changes. Put simply, I don't think our division understood how strongly many fans feel about keeping the original art. This is a bit ironic really since Paramount has generally been consistent in keeping original artwork, even when it didn't look so good at retail. It's too late now to affect V and VI but everybody is now very much aware of the sentiments expressed here.

Lafe F

Second Unit
Thank you for your reply Mr. Blythe. Fans will survive, and likely be making their own custom FT13 covers.

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
Thank you for your reply, Mr. Blythe. I apologize for how hairy things get in these threads sometimes, but it just shows how passionate a great many of us are regarding certain films.
A lot of studios change cover art on some titles (Warner Bros. video and DVD covers for Mars Attacks! was different than the theatrical one-sheet. However, the Friday the 13th covers (with the exception of Part 5's video cover) were somewhat iconic to many horror fans. I know I searched high and low for an original one-sheet of the original Friday the 13th (and I wasn't even a big fan at the time). I just liked the artwork. It's still my favorite among horror one-sheets.
Paramount is doing a much better job in general though, I have to admit. Pass it along to whoever is in charge that I will be picking up the Forrest Gump 2-disc set tomorrow most likely (just goes to show that we do like films that are outside the horror genre. :) )
Anyway, thanks for taking the time to speak with us on the matter. :)

ErikG

Senior HTF Member
Wes and Lafe f, I couldn't agree with you guys more regarding the "bump" issue.....and thank you Mr. Blythe for your response.

Lafe F

Second Unit
Mr. Blythe, thanks again.
Would you put in a recommendation for using the original artwork for parts VII & VIII next year?
This is a big stretch, but would Paramount consider making replacement cover art for parts V & VI ? You could charge us a handling fee and make some profit for Paramount. It would also strengthen the relationship between the studio and the obsessive FT13 fanbase.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Now if they would realize the consent of how bad people want them uncut then maybe my faith in Paramount and the consumer would be a bit more...well 'aware' (to coin a phrase).

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
Martin Blythe,
Will we see them UNCUT ?
------------------
jasvparbanner2.jpg

www.petitiononline.com/UncutDVD

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks