What's new

Question On Playing Region 2 MCCLOUD DVD In US (1 Viewer)

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
I would like to ask the forum members for some information. I am considering purchasing MCCLOUD Season 3 and Season 4 DVD. Unfortunately, Universal has not released this on Region 1 in the United States. The Region 2 DVD is Swedish but does have a choice for English audio. I know I will need to get a Region Free DVD or Blu-Ray Player. Do I need anything else? My question is if I get this would the English audio be just like watching a region 1 DVD. Would I hear Dennis Weaver's, Terry Carter's , etc voice, just like a region 1 DVD? Also any recommendations on good and reletively inexpensive Region Free Blu-Ray and DVD Player is appreciated! Thanks for all help! Robert

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
The shows sound perfectly normal with English audio. Just remember to turn off the subtitles. I'd recommend going with the Australian sets, at least for seasons 3 and 4, as the Danish set is missing an episode. I don't have a region-free blu-ray player, but my region-free JVC XV-N680 has been very good. That should be all you need.

progrocktv

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Phil
Also keep in mind even though you can go region free, there's still the PAL to NTSC issue. Fortunately many players you can make region free also have conversion capability (they will automatically convert to NTSC from PAL) or if you're a "purist" like me (or a "PAL SNOB" as my friends call me;-) you can even get a multi-standard TV that plays both (believe me native PAL looks MUCH better than PAL converted to NTSC:D Hope this helps. Phil

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
If the original poster doesn't have a multi-system TV (and by the looks of his post, if he has one, probably doesn't know it), it's been awhile since I bought a new DVD player, but I'd suggest getting a factory-reconditioned Philips player from 2009 or earlier (the DVP-5990 and 5992 are probably the best ones, but there are many to choose from: 3140, 5140, 3982, 5982, 3960, 3963, etc). Just be sure if you're looking to buy a player to go to www.videohelp.com first, click on the "DVD Hacks" section, then type in the name and model number of the player you're looking at (such as Phlilips DVP-3982) to see if there a documented "hack" for the player. The reason I suggested Philips is they're notoriously easy to hack (just a simple remote control sequence) and at this stage in the game, should be dirt-cheap at a second-hand store or pawn shop (I fixed one up for relatives for about $15.00).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks