1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

question on my rx-v1300 and video switching

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeanQ, Mar 17, 2003.

1. DeanQ

DeanQ Well-Known Member

I had a question. I bought my new yamaha rx-v1300 for video switching ability. I have one sony component video DVD player, dish network s-video, and a component video xbox. Well after reading around I see that I will still need to feed a s-video cable and a component cable from the tv to my receiver which is no big deal. But if I wanted to switch from my dish to a dvd movie will I still have to hit tv/video button on my mitsubish hdtv to change video inputs and still change audio inputs on my reciever? Is there any way to make it where if I change inputs on my reciever it will switch video too or am i SOL? I was doing the manual method before with my yamaha rx-v596 receiver, changing tv/video on my tv then changing audio input on my receiver.

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Well-Known Member

3. DeanQ

DeanQ Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply. Is there a cheaper company who makes something similar to the IScan Pro for cheaper? No competitors? And what other use is the IScan Pro used for besides what I would use it for in my situation.

4. RobCar

RobCar Well-Known Member

Dean, this isn't related to your question, but I'm curious -- what kinds of differences in sound quality, if any, did you notice when you upgraded from the 596 to the 1300?

5. DeanQ

DeanQ Well-Known Member

I haven't hooked it up yet. Im waiting on my new entertainment center to show up before I have to take everything apart. But as soon as I hook it up I can let u know.

6. RobCar

RobCar Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks. I've been planning to get the 1300 for some time, but have been distracted by other upgrades. I'm a firm believer in the notion that speaker upgrades make the biggest difference, but I'm thinking that I should notice subtle differences from a receiver upgrade too.

7. Bob McElfresh

8. DeanQ

DeanQ Well-Known Member

I have that new radio shach remote control called the kameleon, which has I think 5 macros. I assume that remote will work as well as the one u mentioned? Correct? And I do I need to use discrete codes? Kinda confused on that. I have a macro setup to turn my system on, receiver,tv and dish to on. I noticed if i screwed up and one thing was already on or off it would do the opposite of what I wanted.

9. Bob McElfresh