What's new

Question on Elizabeth blu-ray dvd's (1 Viewer)

MrsMac

Agent
Real Name
Kim Andrew
I was looking at this combo blu-ray dvd of Elizabeth and Elizabeth: The Golden Age: http://www.amazon.com/Elizabeth-Double-Feature-Golden-Blu-ray/dp/B004GXKBDI/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1320125870&sr=1-1 The price is excellent at $10.99, but I can't tell if they have either subtitles or CC. I don't see either listed, but I've learned that doesn't mean beans. ;) If I bought both movies separately, they show subtitles. They also would cost twice the price. Elizabeth: http://www.amazon.com/Elizabeth-Blu-ray-Cate-Blanchett/dp/B0037XPP7U/ref=sr_1_6?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1320455841&sr=1-6 Elizabeth: The Golden Age http://www.amazon.com/Elizabeth-Golden-Blu-ray-Cate-Blanchett/dp/B0037XPP84/ref=pd_bxgy_mov_img_b So does anyone know if the combo has subtitles or CC? Also, what is offered on the separate blu-ray dvd's that would justify the added expense? Thanks.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
The double feature is the exact same two discs as the individual packaging. Obviously a steal to get the double-bill.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
My DVD of Elizabeth has a director's commentary, did the blu-ray port it over? Is there one on the second movie?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Johnny Angell

My DVD of Elizabeth has a director's commentary, did the blu-ray port it over? Is there one on the second movie?

Yes, both films have director commentaries on the Double Feature BRD.

Crawdaddy

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
This is a great deal on this double bill. Watched the first movie a couple of years ago and was impressed. Haven't seen the second, but I'm looking forward to it.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I've not seen the second movie but my recollection is that it was poorly reviewed. The price for just the first movie is great.j

MrsMac

Agent
Real Name
Kim Andrew
Both movies are favorites of ours, but maybe that's because we enjoy movies about this period in history and we're fans of Cate Blanchett. ;) We own both movies on good old plain DVD's, but now that we have a blu-ray player, we're buying the combo and will give the good old plain DVD's to the local movie rental guy. :)

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I enjoy historical dramas too, so reviews aside, I will watch Golden Age with an open mind and hope to enjoy it. I've ordered this set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks