What's new

Question for Elite PD-F27 CD Changer Owners - Please Help!!! (1 Viewer)

Jon_Welker

Second Unit
I just received my Pioneer Elite PD-F27 CD changer today and hooked it up to my system (45TX receiver via Dig Coax). My question is that when I first fired the thing up and played a couple of cd's it was skipping intermittently, and even stopped playing a disc altogether. After warming up a few minutes, though it seems to be playing fine. I have just loaded 2 discs into to test it out. I did get it factory reconditioned from Pioneer via ecost.com. I usually don't do this, but they had a helluva deal on it for $169. Maybe too good to be true? I'm listening to it right now, and it has been playing fine for the past 15 minutes. Did it just need to clear the "cobwebs" so to say? Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

Jon_Welker

Second Unit
Well, since nobody has replied to my original post, here is an update if anyone cares. I tried playing some more CD's on it today, but started having similar problems. I called ecost.com and I guess as a formality they had me call Pioneer. Let me tell how well that went. The lady I talked to said that they are not an authorized reseller and that they want pretty much nothing to do with me. Called ecost.com back and am send it back for a full refund. I will be out about $15 for shipping though. So, to sum things up, I would recommend you be very careful buying form non-authorized dealers. Ecost.com seems like they are a little shady, but not full-blown scam artists.

Anyway, does anyone have a good recommendation for a 5-6 disc multi-changer?

Mike Franklin

Stunt Coordinator
That is a really good deal if it hadn't been for the little problem you had. I paid $375 from SoundPro's and that was the absloulty the cheaps you could find it on the web, and from what I understand, SoundPro's is the only Authorized web seller of Pioneer Elite equipment. I hope you get a woking player this time, cause it is a really good player.

Jon_Welker

Second Unit
Well, naturally, ecost doesn't have any more to replace the bad one I have with, so I am returning it lock, stock and barrel. I talked to a local Pioneer authorized repair center, and they said that the random problems I am having are usually the hardest to diagnos and fix (meaning more $$$). I think I talked myself into a 5 or 6 disc changer for the time being.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks