What's new

Question for David About Benjamin Button (1 Viewer)

IanUngstad

Grip
Are you involved or going to be involved in any other special editions to be released through Criterion or is Benjamin Button a one-off deal with the studio? Do you know if Criterion secured access to any other Paramount catalog titles through this agreement to lend it's branding to the button release?

I am curious about Criterion's involvement with Benjamin Button, it seems unprecedented for the studio.

David Prior

Insider
The disc was deep into production before we brought Criterion in. Any terms that Paramount and Criterion agreed to beyond Button I have no idea about, but it's not unprecedented -- off the top of my head Criterion did Days of Heaven.

This situation is different than other Criterion releases, in the sense that it's still very much the disc we intended to release all along, it just has the Criterion imprint on it. That's not to take anything away from Criterion, who we all have great respect for. It's just that we felt, particularly after the way the Zodiac special edition was handled, that having Button in Criterion's catalogue would help draw some attention to the release that it might not otherwise have got.

David Prior

Insider

Not to worry, that's still the 2 disc set, and Warner is releasing the special edition in Europe. Those press releases are more often wrong than right.

Jerome

Second Unit
thanks for the reply, David.
I just need to wait now.
I hope Warner will do the same Blu-ray disc as Criterion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks