1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Question abuot IPod/U2 commercial

Discussion in 'Music' started by Lee L, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Lee L

Lee L Well-Known Member

In the commercial for the IPod with U2 singing, the song starts with a count: uno, dos, tres, catorce. Is this an actual U2 song or is it just for the commercial, and if so, why are they counting 1, 2, 3, 14? The first time I heard it I thought maybe they meant 1, 2, 3, 40 since there is a 40 gig Ipod but he definitely said catorce and that is definitely 14.

Any U2 fans care to clarify?

2. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Well-Known Member

Justin Cleveland
    It's U2, they don't have to have a reason. "Shining Happy People" anyone? It sounds good to them, so they do it.

I'm not a U2 fan, can you tell [​IMG]

3. Brian L

Brian L Well-Known Member

Well, that how it is on the version I downloaded from iTunes....guess we will have to wait until the cee-dee comes out.

FWIW, I do have a hard time discerning exactly what he says, uno, dos, and tres are pretty clear to me, but not what comes next. I would agree that it does not sound like quatro.

But no matter....I still enjoy the track.

BGL

4. AricB

AricB Well-Known Member

ummm, REM any one? not a u2 song. unless I'm missing what your saying??

yes that count is in the song that is on the radio all the time. I believe its called Vertigo from the new album coming out.

5. Brian L

Brian L Well-Known Member

6. Joseph S

Joseph S Well-Known Member

I noticed the same thing and pointed it out when a relative had the single on her miniPod. She didn't even realize it up until that point.

I'm not even sure he got uno correct, it's more like unos, dos, tres, catorce. Anyone know what's going on with this lyric??

7. Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover Well-Known Member

This has been bugging me for a while now...

8. BrianB

BrianB Well-Known Member

1, 2, 3, 14, right? If you count the two "Best of" decade compilations as two albums , the new album is the 14th album by U2. U2's first three albums were produced by Steve Lillywhite, and their latest is also produced by him. It's a nod to their fans, a nod to recognise the return of the producer who helped them start out.

9. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Well-Known Member

Justin Cleveland
    Nope, you're right, that's REM. My bad!

However, he does say 14. I like Brian's rationale. It almost makes me hate the song less [​IMG]

Ok, I'll behave now.

10. Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover Well-Known Member

Brian, that's an interesting explanation, but I don't buy it. For starters, Lillywhite only handled some of the production on the new album, as the duties were shared with Chris Thomas, Nellee Hooper, and a few others. In addition, he did some last-minute production work on Achtung Baby when the band was running late in delivering the album.

11. Rick Deschaine

Rick Deschaine Well-Known Member

12. Daren Welsh

Daren Welsh Well-Known Member

I think you're all reading too far into it. I think Bono is just being "clever" and saying catorce instead of quatro.

I liked U2 back in the days of Joshua Tree, but I grow tired of them now. Someone needs to find Bono a nice home.