What's new

Question about used DVD retailers (Amazon) (1 Viewer)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Do I have to deal directly with the sellers, ebay style?

DVDEmpire actually has used DVDs in stock (I bougth Vertigo for $10, Criterion Seven Samurai for $20). I am not sure about the others such as Amazon or Half.com. I don't want to be dealing with individuals, paypal and all that hassle, I could do that here at HTF.

Any other sites like DVDEmpire where I can buy a used DVD exactly the same way as a new one?

--
Holadem

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I've never bought used DVDs through Amazon, but I have purchased some books through their zShops, so the process should be the same. The transaction is handled by Amazon (they take your payment and then send the dealer their portion) and then the dealer ships directly to you based on whatever shipping you have chosen (sometimes you only get one choice). Amazon offers some guarantees on delivery, and there is feedback on sellers so you can look before you buy. Amazon has a FAQ in their help section detailing how their zShops work.

Hope this helps. :)

Mark Philp

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
I've ordered a number of DVDs through half.com and find it very easy. You order through them and they charge your credit card. They give the seller 24 hours (I think) to confirm your order and then another 24 hours to ship it. You never actually deal with the seller. Only once did I have a problem with a vhs tape (remember those?) being bad and the seller replaced it without question. I suppose e you can run across a bad seller through them, but so far I haven't.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks