What's new

Question about speaker zone B - Marantz 4600 (1 Viewer)

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
Hello everyone, I have a quick question regarding the speaker B set on my Marantz 4600. I have some speakers wired out on my deck to the B system. According to the manual when enabled it will play whatever is on the main system which is fine.

The problem I'm running into is that the volume of the speakers on the main system is a lot louder than the ones outside. So when the volume is good outside on the deck the speakers are BLASTING inside, which is too loud for people inside. Does anyone know a workaround for this? The only thing I can think of is to take out the speaker wire in the fronts to disable them for the mean time.

chris.big.money

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris Walter
Are all speakers the same type, or at least the same specs? I would assume if your deck speakers had a different ohms rating, this would greatly affect the volume and most likely put strain on your receiver.

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
They are different speakers. The outside speakers are Polk Atrium 45's and the inside speakers are Ascend 170's. I'm not exactly sure of the specs. But that would make sense.

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
Anyone have any other suggestions for reducing the volume of the main speakers without changing the volume of the back speakers?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation192
Recent bookmarks