What's new

QUESTION ABOUT REGION-FREE 3-D PLAYERS (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
On Ron's H-U-G-E recommendation, I ordered and have received A TURTLE'S TALE in 3-D from the U.K. I even paid nearly $300.00 for a Pioneer region-free player, but after using it a few times, packed it up and returned it --- if you guys thought the Sherwood was noisy, this one emitted a high-pitched squeal with every menu choice and an even worse on when loading. Intolerable.

Now I'm thinking: It is unlikely very many 3-D films will be popping up in Europe that aren't available here, and I already have an all-region Blu-ray player. Thus, I don't want to spend $300 just to watch A TURTLE'S TALE, as fun as it may be.

So, I now have my eyes on a
TOSHIBA BDX5300
for $200.00 Does anyone own this unit? If so, is it noisy? Is switching region-to-region tricky?

Or...

Can anyone recommend a player like this in the same price range?

Many thanks.

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
I recently purchased the Toshiba BDX5300 and would recommend it. Switching between regions is as easy as pressing a number key on the remote. Even better, it has an internal PAL to NTSC converter (many Blu-ray players do not include this, including my old Panasonic BD110.) This enables playback of 50 Hz material that was problematic on my old player.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks