What's new

Question about portable DVD players (1 Viewer)

MoG

Stunt Coordinator
Hi!
I did a bit more research and found a great link:
http://www.samsungusa.com/images/pro...00_compare.jpg
Taking into account it is on Samsung's web site, it seems to be a great comparison of all 3 portable DVD players I'm interested in.
I wasn't aware the Samsung had Faroudja processing.
Does anyone know the differences between Poly-Si TFT and Amorphous-Si TFT?
Finally, the only thing missing from the chart is which player has component outputs, but I found out both the Toshiba and Samsung do.
(Of course, now I need to find a way to see the toshiba and samsung in person!)
Samsung DVD-L100
Panasonic DVD-LA95
Toshiba SD-P2000
Has anyone used all 3 of these? I've seen the LA95 and liked it. Haven't seen the other two yet.
I'd also appreciate real-world battery-life comments.

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
I think Poly means 2, and amor means 1 (or love) but I do know about the batteries... they suck. they dont last, you can barely get through a movie thats any longer than 100 minutes. get the car pack or the as adapter... I wish they could make a better battery just my opinion

AlbertH

Stunt Coordinator
I just fired up a toshiba sd-p2000 today at the best buy i work at. Popped in the fast and the furious and just seeing the text in the fbi warnings the first thing i said was WOW! IT was RAZOR SHARP. The movie itself looked gorgeous. I wasn't even wearing my glasses and it was a awesome picture. I guess a 9" screen with that high resolution really makes a huge difference. I feel sorry for anyone with their apex or mintek portable players.

Brian Glaeske

Stunt Coordinator
Watch out for artificial edge sharpening that can't be defeated. I tried a Panasonic that put it's own edge on everything.

Brian G.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks