1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Question About iTunes

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Andrew_Sch, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Well-Known Member

I just downloaded a free song off of iTunes thanks to Pepsi, only to find that I can't play it in Windows Media Player, where all of my other music files reside. Any way to get around this? If this sounds too much like it's encouraging piracy, sorry, I'll understand if the mods delete this thread, but piracy isn't my intention here, just convenience.

2. Scott L

Scott L Well-Known Member

For copy protection reasons it can only play in iTunes. It makes a very good jukebox btw.

3. Andrew_Sch

Hmm, I see why they would do that, but it still sucks for me. Stupid Pepsi should've made the deal with Napster instead. Oh well, Coke's better anyway. And no, I'm not ungrateful.[​IMG]

4. george kaplan

george kaplan Well-Known Member

You can download Itunes for Windows for free.

5. Brent_H

Brent_H Well-Known Member

Gui is right, works like a charm. And, yes, iTunes is very nice. I just wish it didn't hog as much of system resrouces as it does. I find that after awhile, when switching between tasks and what not, my mp3's "skip." Winamp never does this. [​IMG]

6. Craig F

Craig F Well-Known Member

Craig
    wait * nevermind [​IMG]

7. Nate Anderson

Nate Anderson Well-Known Member

Yeah, I too am enjoying the Pepsi-Itunes deal. Have downloaded six songs so far...

8. Andrew_Sch

I've decided I'm just going to save up enough until I can get Denis Leary's "No Cure For Cancer," the complete album. I've got six saved up so far I think. Spent the first one on "Clocks" by Coldplay. Thank goodness my dad consumes Diet Pepsi like most people consume oxygen, b/c Mountain Dew is the only Pepsi product I find even midly tolerable, and I only drink that at restaurants that don't serve coke anyway.

9. Nate Anderson

Nate Anderson Well-Known Member

Ironically, I was listening to this song when I read you post...crazy, huh?

10. Shane Bos

Shane Bos Well-Known Member

I wish they had this deal going in Canada I drink way too much Pepsi. Usually have a six pack of the bottles on my desk at work. I would totally be down with a couple free CD's to go with it.