1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

question about He-man and Transformers and others

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by darthravenger, Jan 16, 2009.

1. darthravenger

darthravenger New Member

Hello Im new but I had questions that Ive never been able to get answrs for anywhere.

1.What happened to the original Masters of the Universe series after the first 5 sets all the way thru season 2? and where is season 3? I recall a season 3. Am I correct?

2.Whatever happened to the Transformers series sets redos that are mentioned on the 25th anniversary dvd of the 86' Transformers movie that were coming out the next year?

3.Where are the rest of the Amazing stories sets besides series 1?

4.Where are the Happy Days,Mork and Laverne and Shirley sets after both of their season 1's?

5.Does anyone know if 'Muppets tonight' short lived series is coming to dvd or of the current status?

6.Is the original GI-Joe series ever supposed to be coming back to video (status)?

7.Are the Muppet Babies ever coming to dvd video?

8.Has anything ever been mentioned about these tv series coming to video:

Mask,Captain N the Game Master,Solid Gold,Go-bots,the Fall Guy,American Bandstand(maybe decades related greatest hits types since there were so many),Spiderman and his amazing friends/Hulk,Saturday Night live,Friday Night Videos,Beetlejuice the animated series,the 90's versions of X-men Spiderman the Silver Surfer the Fantastic 4 the Hulk,Riptide,Sledgehammer,Bionic Man

thanks

2. Joe:C

Joe:C Well-Known Member

I'll throw a few out there off the top of my head.

The He-Man series has been completely released. Season 2 was aired in 2 sections back in the 80's, but it was one long production season. Season 2 Volume 2 would probably be close to the "Season 3" the may have been shown on tv.

There hasn't been any news on Transformers or GI Joe re-releases.

I believe there was talk a few years ago of Muppets Tonight being released after The Muppet Show was finished.

The Complete Series of Captain N has been released.

I believe there are rights issues keeping Mask from being released.

3. darthravenger

darthravenger New Member

thanks Joe
    Appreciate the responses

4. Jason_V

Jason_V Well-Known Member

Jason

3 episodes are available on the DVD/BD versions of the movie.

In all things TV, your best bet is to check out TVShowsondvd.com.

5. troy evans

troy evans Well-Known Member

Season one of the Fall Guy has been released. All three seasons of Riptide have been released through Canadian distributor VEI (which, by the way, also released Hardcastle and McCormick). Sledgehammer has also been released, but, I'm not sure if it's still in print.

6. BobO'Link

BobO'Link Well-Known Member

Howie
    ^According to Michael's Movie Mahem, both seasons of "Sledge Hammer" are still in print and distributed by Anchor Bay. $18.22/season @ DD, and $21.99/season at amazon. This series has also been offered regularly in B1G1 sales featuring Anchor Bay titles. That's how I got mine... $18.22 for both seasons. [​IMG]

7. Paul Miller

Paul Miller Well-Known Member

Most likely no because of music rights and the footage they inserted..

8. Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge Well-Known Member

Do you even search the database of DVD release at TV Shows on DVD.com? Happy Days (season 4 just released), Laverne and Shirley, Mork and Mindy have all had multiple season sets released/

Masters of Universe, She-Ra and all of those BCI titles have all been trapped in limbo ever since BCI announced they were shutting their doors forever. No more Masters, She-Ra, ULtraman or those other classics.

G.I. Joe and Transformers? Rights to those shows are also stuck in limbo.

9. MattQuack

MattQuack Active Member

Hasbro reaquired the rights to both G.I. Joe and The Transformers last year.

Some of the new G.I. Joe toys have been coming with single DVD discs, so hopefully if sales have done well enough, they could give us the series on DVD already.