1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about Apex AD-500

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Casey L, Dec 24, 2003.

1. Casey L

Casey L Auditioning

Well, I received the Apex AD-500 as a Christmas gift today after my dad was told by a sales person that it was region free as well as capable of converting PAL to NTSC. I had previously been looking for the Philips 727 and the Cyberhome 500 but had been unable to locate either.

According to this sales person the AD-500 could do the same thing, but from my preliminary research it seems the Apex may have difficulty displaying anamorphic PAL discs at the proper aspect ratio (when converting them to NTSC).

Does anyone have any information on whether or not this is true? I'd like to keep the Apex as my dad seemed to have put some effort into finding the right features on the model, but I don't want a player that will stretch the picture on anamorphic widescreen PAL discs (I'm using this player on a 4:3 set without the squeeze feature).

Thanks in advance for any help.

(I tried searching for "Apex AD-500" but I think the model number does something to the search so that I could only search for Apex and that's a bit much to ask someone to sort through all of those posts looking for specific information on just one of the many models!)