1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about 24 - S1 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ryan Patterson, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Ryan Patterson

Ryan Patterson Well-Known Member

Well I just watched the entire season of 24 for the first time thanks to DVD (over the course of 5 days... whew!) and I have one major question about one of the plot developments:
    The baby that Terri was carrying... I was under the impression that it was the illegitimate child from Eli's rape. However, while listening to the commentary for the alternate ending, the producer hints that it may in fact have been Jack's son. I'm not good with advanced female biology so the talk at the hospital about cists and a swelling uterous left me confused. Were these caused by the rape, or were they a natural progression of a possible conception from Jack days or even weeks beforehand?
    Obviously the true nature of the baby changes the meaning of the season's ending if it is in fact Jack's. It would mean that not one, but two family members were lost. While I was watching the finale (still under the impression that it was a rape-child), I was hoping that Nina would've shot Terri in the stomach so that the fetus would've aborted but Terri would survive. This could have been a good middle ground for an ending... better than the "too perfect" alternate ending on the DVD.
    Thanks in advance for your views,
    Ryan

2. Brett Jason

Brett Jason Well-Known Member

Uh, I'm not a gynecologist (nor do I play one on TV) but she wasn't impregnated by the rape and then discovered she was pregnant a few hours later. It was Jack's baby.

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Well-Known Member

yeah, she SPECIFICALLY says that it takes several weeks for the pregnancy test to register

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

And this means Jack will be doubly pissed in season two of 24.

5. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Well-Known Member

I think the cyst may have been naturally, but aggravated by the rape.

6. Danny R

Danny R Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that it was the illegitimate child from Eli's rape.

Even if Eli's little wigglers did meet up with an egg, the ovum would not have had near enough time yet to implant.

Pregnancy tests detect hormones released after implantation.