What's new

Queer as Folk Price Drop (1 Viewer)

Dorrie_W

Stunt Coordinator
The article at Tvshowsondvd.com today mentioned the price of Queer as Folk Season 1 dropping from 119-$49. Moderators feel free to collapes this with the "why are some sets high thread" I didn't read that thread but this is specifically about Queer and Showtime series. I cannot imagine why the Showtime 1 hour series are so dog gone expensive. I am sure the high price of Soul Food guranteed we may never see future seasons. QAF Season 4 was sky high and in a huge box. Were we paying for the box? I know Universal is the king of the dual sided discs so there sets are cheaper. But even look at Moonlighting, that is a 1 hour series.

Why is Queer As Folk and the other Showtime series so high? I really, really, don't get it.

Ron Morgan

Agent
Does anyone know if the price drop comes with a packaging change? I much prefer the packaging on S1-3 to S4. I only have season 1 and if they are going to reconfigure the packaging I would much prefer to pick up S2 & 3 before any potential changes.

Well, just found the answer on another thread. Looks like it's time to start shopping for S2 & 3...

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

honestly, you'd rather pay out the wazoo for better packaging than be able to get the same thing for less than $40? If a show is dropped over 60% in price, I'll get the cheaper version no matter what. QAF was frankly too expensive, they're dropping the price so you no longer have to part with $90+

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
makes me wonder if HBO is next with dropping the prices. Some of their shows I wouldn't mind having but you cannot justify Six Feet Under's price to me considering the short number of episodes per year.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I'd want to double check, but the last time I was in Sam's, all SatC sets were priced $19.99.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

that's cool, I was never too offended by SatC's prices because they never retailed over $50 and I never paid more than $30 for them, but I do think that season 5 should've retailed a tad bit cheaper. It's basically shows like Sopranos, Carnivale, Six Feet Under, etc... I find too expensive because under $50 is reasonable for a DVD, but HBO wants too much for the hour-long shows.

Ron Morgan

Agent

Generally, no, but in this case I like the original packaging enough to. If only I could find S2 & 3 used as I did the first set. With a few trade-ins I got S1 for $35.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
^ I have major problems with the first three season sets package-wise. The little door that swings open is getting awful worn out on season 1, with me going through the set at least twice, lending it to a friend and now going through it again with my BF. I'd MUCH rather the keepcases/slimcases over the custom packaging.

Roni F

Stunt Coordinator
I just wanted to remind everyone that QAF Season 3 is now available at the new reduced price! I just ordered mine from Deep Discount DVD for $30.25.

If anyone has the new S3, I'd like to know what the packaging is like.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks