What's new

Quantum Leap at last? (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Well, if the big name songs are there, we're probably safe with the ones you don't recognize. Thanks for the information! I think we're going to be okay to buy this one, folks!

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
Thanks Gord.

But even if the music on the first season has not been replaced the "battle" :) is not over yet - I remember reading in some review on TVShowsOnDVD.com that for one TV show (I can't remember which one) when the first boxset didn't sell enough copies they started replacing the music for the second season to reduce the costs.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
That'd be Dawson's Creek. Season 1 had all of the original music whereas Season 2 has 90% of it replaced. However I'm in good spirits as I'm sure Quantum Leap will sell quite well. Here's hoping.

Chris

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
DVDEmpire now has scans of both the front and the back covers.

Here's the final list and description of the extras:

"A Kiss with History: Remembering Quantum Leap"
- Series stars Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell, along with creator Don Bellisario share stories about creating their groundbreaking series. This featurette will take viewers behind the scenes of Quantum Leap's first year, including stories about Bakula's extensive and demanding training, Stockwell's wild wardrobe and the fans' invaluable contribution to the show.

Quantum Knowledge - Scott Bakula shares a bit of trivia about each episode (Guest stars, special effects & Training)

Hidden Messages from Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell to "Leapers"
So we get one documentary, a small introduction to each episode and some easter eggs. :)

My set is in the mail but I won't get it until the end of next week. :frowning:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Episode 1 - "Hound Dog"
I've only seen the pilot so far, and I noticed:

Hound Dog - authentic Elvis Presley version
Ooby Dooby - authentic Roy Orbison
Friendly Persuasion (Thee I Love) - authentic Pat Boone

I think there was one other song during the car scene, and I believe the instrumental at the start of the bar scene was from Picnic (which jibes with the site listed in the top post on this page).

The Pat Boone song was a pleasant surprise. It fit the scene and sounded really good.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
You know, Universal takes a lot of heat for their DVD product. Such criticism of their movie department is probably justified, but I must say that I'm thoroughly impressed with the two Universal TV sets I own--Quantum Leap and the A-Team. I don't have a review-quality AV setup, but the picture quality looks very good on my little TV. Much better than the syndication versions I'm used to seeing. And, I'm impressed by how complete the episodes are. Quantum Leap has all the original music, plus the openings with the Sam "saga cells" (I believe they're called) which I don't recall seeing in syndication. The A-Team has promo trailers before each episode that I know aren't aired in syndication. Another feature I love on these sets is the episode list. I don't think I have any other sets with that feature. Basically, each disc has a list telling what's on every disc on the set! That's extremely handy for seeing how many episodes are left to watch. It's something that should be standard with TV sets.

I'm not that thrilled with the text recap on each episode's individual screen--the Quantum Leap text in particular gives away too many twists and turns, which is unwelcome even though I had seen every episode on both of these sets before making a purchase. I mean, it's no big deal . . . I just don't read it. I do think it's a quality touch, though. It shows that the people putting the sets together cared enough to actually watch the episode. I know that sounds crazy, but with some sets, you have to wonder. :)

Anyway, bravo Universal on your TV sets. Keep it up, and I'll keep buying.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks