What's new

Python vs. Alligator (1 Viewer)

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
I'm holding out for "Python vs Yugo". Or the slightly more tame "Python vs Smart Car" event.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
What's with the sudden rash of python stories? And in Florida, which is not their native habitat, too. First we had the 'gator, then there was the couple who couldn't find their 15 pound pet cat for a couple of days - and then discovered the 12-foot python who had found it, and finally another "python falls victim to its prey" story, this one about a snake that slithered through a fence, swallowed a turkey whole, then found itself trapped when it couldn't squeeze back through the fence..

I'm not going outside anymore. :)

Regards,

Joe

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Before this, were I a gambling woman, my money would have been on the shark. :eek:

Maybe there's more merit to the ancient stories of the Kraken as told by Mediterranean sailors after all. :crazy:

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Well, octopi are pretty smart and ingenious for an invert. Plus, with the stealth option, anything can be ambushed as the shark probably had no idea what was coming til it was too late. Plus, shark can taste yummy... oh wrong thread.

Jay

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter

If the Octopi was as large as the shark I would of suspected the Octopi. I remember reading about Whalers finding battle marks on Sperm Whales and their battle with Squids (makes you wonder how many squids might of won
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
). I had a friend who had a small one for his aquarium and the thing attacked anything it could get it's tentacles on (of course it over ate and crawled out of his tank, tastelessly I rubbed it in about how he was such a bad owner that his pet would kill itself off before he did :D ). I don't think it's a matter of intelligence but of pure instinct and the shark fitting a particular size profile and movement, as far the Octopi was concerned it was just another fish.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I think the video mentioned it was about 3 to 4' sharks which isn't terribly big. I'm sure the Octupus was simply adapting to its living arrangements.. And probably pretty smug about it too, thinking itself cool and all that :D

Now that the octopus can go back to its garden... in the shade ;)

jay

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
That had to be one of the wimpiest sharks ever. It barely even put up any fight at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.