What's new

Puyallup/Tacoma Washington Meet Anyone? (1 Viewer)

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Hey, I'd be interested in a HT meet here too. I'm new to the hobby, I'm only now putting together my first HT. (hah, "only now"... yeah I shoulda done it 10 years ago when I was only like 7 years old :D ) I'm in seattle, and I'm a student so I'm fairly busy and without a car :/ BUT I might be able to pull off borrowing a car for a drive somewhere, as long as its on the weekend, or vacation. I can't host, because I don't have a theater (yet). It's coming along though, for the little money I can scrape together for it. :D I also REALLY wanna hear what an SVS can do. I tripled my sub budget to make room for a PCi 20-39, but needless to say, thats a lot of money for me, pushing my total audio budget to somewhere near 2500-3000. Can't wait! Just waiting for my marantz receiver to come in is killing me. I have to remember to eat. :D

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Chris, you're in for a long, frustrating, joyous, satisfying hobby! I've been into HT since the early days of laser discs and still drive my wife crazy whenever something new comes along. Now we're finally going to work on a dedicated theater room. And remember, you're still young, so eating isn't as essential as when you get to my age!:D

JasonCopeland

Auditioning
Well we recently purchased a new house, and the entire basement is unfinished. I sure am loving the discounts from Lowes and Home Depot for purchasing a house. Just spent a good part of today putting in insulation. Boy, is this going to be a long spendy project. *SIGH*
My better half will be very happy when our screen and projector are taken out of the dining room into the basement. :)

Erik Farstad

Supporting Actor
Ok, gentlemen...I am finished...well except for the curtains and concession stand...but the movie watching has commenced. I'll be in touch shortly, via e-mail, and we'll get this baby rolling! :D
E

Tommy_C

Stunt Coordinator
Lets start a meet, I am ready to host the first if we want to get going. Email me if interested.

Tom

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
I'm definately down for this I'm new to the board my name is Jeremy and I an my wife live in north Tacoma, I work for AT&T broadband and am a home theater nut though I doubt mine would be a great place to host anything at. Right now my wife and I live in a 900 square foot apt though my living room is close to 15x20 if not bigger. As for my home theater its more of an Apartment theater I've got a Yamaha RX-V730 running a set of Energy Take 5+1's off a Toshiba SD-2815 DVD player into a 27" Panasonic TV its great for my place but not the big spetacular system like many of you have though I still have spent a pretty penny in my own mind on it. But yeah I'd definately enjoy meeting with fellow enthusiasts and enjoying a movie or 2...I hate going to theatres anymore these days.

Patrick Zapatka

Stunt Coordinator
Folks,

I'm open to hosting also. It looks like I am kind of right in the middle of everyone posting.

Has a meet happened yet? It doesn't look like it.

I would love to have some folks over and "tweak out" the system.

Cheers,

Patrick

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
I'm still here too, but my theater is in the works, I only have two-channel up and running, and no TV(which obviously sucks), but hey, my SVS should be on the way any day now. :)

Ben Harpold

Agent
I'm still here, I've been a little preoccupied with making a film. but now that i'm in post production I can spend some time watching a movie. I would like to bring my wife if that's alright with whoever ends up hosting.

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
Well depending on how many want to do this I could have a small get together at my place probably 8-10 people tops hehe if you all can stoop down to watching a movie on a Take 5 system and a 27" Panasonic T.V. hehe but on the bright side I might be getting a second subwoofer for my Take system.

Tommy_C

Stunt Coordinator
Ok taking plunge see separate thread for details.

Tom

Sorry in last post I forgot to put the new thread. I am ready to take the first meeting on. This is the new thread below.

Seattle / Tacoma Meet Lets start it

TrevorST

Stunt Coordinator
Hey all is this still open. I live in Auburn and have had my HT up and running for a couple of years. Still making upgrades latest being an SVS 31-25..
Equipment is:
Toshiba 56" HDTV
HK AVR1000 Receiver
Panasonic CP72 DVD
Def Tech speakers
SVS Sub

My HT is set up more for small numbers of people rather than large groups.

Tommy_C

Stunt Coordinator
Trevorst, I am hosting a meet on the 11th taking names right now to see who is coming.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks