What's new

Pushing Daisies - Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Great episode, though the recap was ridiculously long. Some pretty good lines last night:

Lily: Chuck's father, my lover, was Vivian's fiancee!
Olive: (stamping feet) Oh no, no, no...you did not just tell me another secret!!

Woolsey Nicholls: (about replacing Betty Bee) ...besides, she's getting old.
Chuck: She's 37, that's not old!
Woolsey: She's 38, which rounds up to 40, which rounds up to 50, which rounds up to...Old!

Olive: So, when is the porter coming for my things?
Mother Superior: I said, the "poor" will come for your things...here they come now...(to the poor) Hello, help yourselves!

:laugh:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Awful (the ratings and that people would apparently watch the "Knight Rider" redo). It drew less than half the audience that watched the premiere last year.

It may have been a huge mistake not bringing the show back in the Spring after the strike ended. :frowning:

The only small silver linings are that the entire ABC lineup performed miserably Wednesday. "Private Practice" and "Dirty Sexy Money" were also way down from last year (nearly 38% collectively). Also, ABC still finished the night in second place overall in the coveted 18-49 age group.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
For some reason, I never like secrets to last. I always wanted Clark to tell Chloe or somebody about his powers, and now I want Chuck to reunite with her family.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I really enjoyed this new episode. I forgot how much I loved this show. Sucks that the ratings were not all they could have been.

This episode had some of the best lines (as quoted above). The morgue scene was a bit tough to see, all those bee stings really freaked me out.

Nervous about next weeks episode, I want to watch, but feel all icky about it...CLOWNS!

phil-w

Stunt Coordinator
Absolutely LOVE this show. I think it is the most cleverly written, and acted show on TV right now. I also think it is the best looking show on, with the beautifully saturated colors, and spectacularly sharp HD image.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I didn't know about this show until the Season 2 premier. I was glad for the recap and wondered if it were a pilot episode since it provided so much background information. You really have to pay attention while watching. I like the "James and the Giant Peach" stylization, which I'm sure you all discussed last season.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

It's clever, original, captivating, and beautifully executed -- all elements, I fear, that will lead to an early death. :frowning: I hope it lasts, though.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I loved Kristin Chenoweth's homage to The Sound of Music in this episode. I hope ABC won't give up on this show. I think the ratings for all shows will be a little "out of whack" until after the World Series is over.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I'm wondering how many more Hitchcock homages they'll be able to get in this season, or, maybe, they'll go for a totally different auteur.

I've been enchanted by every episode shown so far. Olive Snook is one my favorite characters in all TV-land. I hope she eventually finds her Fredo.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I also thought that some of the "magic" was missing last night. The whole circus mystery didn't really work for me. The end bit was pretty nice. I had hoped that the secret of Chuck was going to be revealed - and there were a few spots where they teased us about that.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
On the other hand, I laughed pretty continuously throughout the episode - all the clown corpses coming out of the car had me in stitches, the over-the-top slapstick of Chuck jumping over the counter, and more or less every scene with Chi McBride: There was something about Emerson's late-night tea with Ned that seemed perfectly bizarre, and the final scene with the repeated "love her" had him finding three new ways to make a single line work. I'm less than thrilled with the convent subplot, but did love the deadpan humor of the different prayer times ("late mid-morning prayers").

Chi McBride really ought to win some sort of award for this part, though. His ability to make something great out of stereotypes and sometimes-forced quirkiness is fantastic.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Circus Circus
Was an enjoyable episode, but nothing too grand.

We learn that Emerson's wife ran away with his daughter.
I'm wondering if his daughter is going to die soon and have Ned bring her back to life.

All the dead clowns coming out of the recovered car in the lake was pretty funny. An easy joke, but very funny.

Ned's line about starting a new life
Ned: "I wake pies and make the dead,"

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Okay so I listened/watched last nights episode. When they showed scenes that didn't involve clowns I could watch, but anything clown related I had to look away. I tried! Really I did! I just cannot look at clowns.

That said, I thought the scenes with Olive were too funny. I also loved the whole end scene with Ned and Chuck "meeting" for the first time. So sweet!

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Funny detail in the convent sequence: When Olive crossed herself, she did it wrong.
I'm not sure if we've seen anyone else make the same mistake, but I'll be watching for it in the future. ;)

Loved the parade of ex-clowns. Of course I saw it coming, and I still laughed out loud.

Her next contract should require Anna Friel to wear that green blouse at least once per episode. :D

Her next contract should stipulate that Kirstin Chenoweth never again play Olive as a nun or novice, astronaut, medical professional or in any other line of work where the uniform covers more than 40% of her skin. ;)

Regards,

Joe

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
The nun costume was probably a contractually demanded "penance" dictated to the producers after what Chenoweth had to wear last season.

Regards,

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I went into this episode with my arms folded after disliking the previous two episodes, but it won me over. Maybe it's because breaking up the gang, even for one and a half episodes, wasn't working for me. I like that Ned went ahead and told the secret to Chuck. Now, I just hope that the sisters (Lily and Vivian--not the nuns) learn about Chuck being alive soon. I don't know why it is, but I no longer have much patience for secrets being kept from certain characters. Maybe it's all the Lana in the dark stuff that went on for years on Smallville.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I also was quite happy that he told Chuck. I also think Chuck needs to reveal herself to Lily and Vivian. It really seems like they are building up to that and it might not be too long. It was quite a fun episode with Pigby the accidentally killer pig as the "villain" of the episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks