What's new

Pursued coming to Blu Ray (1 Viewer)

John Morgan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Olive is releasing Walsh's great western-noir PURSUED August 21st. This should look and sound terrific on Blu. I have the "restored" version on DVD that I think UCLA did sometime back. I remember Martin Scorsese name was attached. It looked great except for one reel that was a dupe and wasn't as sharp as the rest of the film, so hopefully that was rectified, if possible.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I agree. That DVD did look great. (It still does!) So much so, that I doubt I'll buy the BRD. I'll decide when I've read the opinions of knowledgeable people.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Pursued1947-UAforWB-insert.jpg

Can't wait to see how PURSUED (1947) looks on Blu-ray. There isn't enough western noir.
Let's hope Andre de Toth's RAMROD (RKO, 1947), Robert Wise's BLOOD ON THE MOON (RKO, 948), and Joseph Kane's RIDE THE MAN DOWN (Republic,1952) find their way onto Blu-ray before I get another year older. Three classic western noirs based on novels by the great Luke Short.

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
John Morgan said:
Olive is releasing Walsh's great western-noir PURSUED August 21st. This should look and sound terrific on Blu. I have the "restored" version on DVD that I think UCLA did sometime back. I remember Martin Scorsese name was attached. It looked great except for one reel that was a dupe and wasn't as sharp as the rest of the film, so hopefully that was rectified, if possible.
I've seen a broadcast version in HD and it looked *fantastic*, sharp as a tack with beautiful inky blacks.

Real Name
Wilbur Post
John Hodson said:
I've seen a broadcast version in HD and it looked *fantastic*, sharp as a tack with beautiful inky blacks.
That's nice to know, John. I'm a big fan of this one so will be looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks