1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pursued coming to Blu Ray

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by John Morgan, May 25, 2012.

1. John Morgan

John Morgan Well-Known Member

John
    Olive is releasing Walsh's great western-noir PURSUED August 21st. This should look and sound terrific on Blu. I have the "restored" version on DVD that I think UCLA did sometime back. I remember Martin Scorsese name was attached. It looked great except for one reel that was a dupe and wasn't as sharp as the rest of the film, so hopefully that was rectified, if possible.

2. Robin9

Robin9 Well-Known Member

Robin
    I agree. That DVD did look great. (It still does!) So much so, that I doubt I'll buy the BRD. I'll decide when I've read the opinions of knowledgeable people.

3. Richard--W

Richard--W Banned

[​IMG]
    Can't wait to see how PURSUED (1947) looks on Blu-ray. There isn't enough western noir.
    Let's hope Andre de Toth's RAMROD (RKO, 1947), Robert Wise's BLOOD ON THE MOON (RKO, 948), and Joseph Kane's RIDE THE MAN DOWN (Republic,1952) find their way onto Blu-ray before I get another year older. Three classic western noirs based on novels by the great Luke Short.

4. John Hodson

John Hodson Well-Known Member

John
    I've seen a broadcast version in HD and it looked *fantastic*, sharp as a tack with beautiful inky blacks.

5. aHorseofCourse

aHorseofCourse Active Member

That's nice to know, John. I'm a big fan of this one so will be looking forward to seeing the finished product.