What's new

Purchased a TOS-42H82 RPTV today. (1 Viewer)

LloydM

Agent
Just wanted to thank you guys for helping me choose the first piece of my home theatre. :) I also purchased 6' of AR component video cable, Playstation 2 component video cable, and an audio rack all for $1575 w 0% financing for 18 months. They didnt have any of the TV's in stock, but pickup has been scheduled for the 16th of January. :) I also ordered the PAN-CP72 DVD player from J&R last night, so everything will be here and ready to go by next Thursday.
One question I have on the TV. When playing with the settings on the display tv I noticed that the contrast was set to AUTO. Ive read that the first thing I want to do after I get the TV in the room and turned on is to turn the contrast down. I couldnt figure out how to do this on the display model (and I even tried searching the forum under "Toshiba AND contrast" after I got home, but I didnt find anything). I will probably AVIA the TV at least once within 2 weeks and then again after the 100hr break in period. The only components that will be hooked up to the TV are the PS2 and the DVD player. I would imagine that the TV will see 40% cable tv, 30% dvd, and 30% PS2. If anyone has any tips or friendly advice I would greatly appreciate it. :)
One last thing. Anyone have any recomendations for great looking DVD's or PS2 games? I want to see what this TV can do. :D
Lloyd

Roy Wallace

Stunt Coordinator
Lloyd:
I just did a quick search on the Toshiba USA web site and there is a page full of downloadable owners manuals there.
Click HERE for the page. You just click TVs then choose your model # from the list. I could not read the small text, but I am sure it would be fine if you printed the page.
Hope this helps.
Roy

Chris_HD

Agent
I'm not familiar with your set in particular but on my Toshiba RPTV you access the contrast control via the remote: Menu-Picture-Contrast. Use the arrows on the remote to navigate.

Chris

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
The Tosh comes with several "standard" modes (movies, sports, etc.). Start in the "Movie" mode as this will disable SVM. Then use the remote to set contrast, etc. When you're done, select Save New Preferences before the menu goes away or your changes will reset back to the standard setting.
Enjoy!
Jan

Alan M

Second Unit
actually,once u click save new preferences,u need to click rite 1 more time til u c the word "done". then your preferences are now saved.

DougR

Second Unit
Lloyd,
When your in the Menu, make sure "ALS " is turned OFF. Then you'll be able to adjust the contrast manually. The "ALS mode" puts it in Automatic Contrast.
As for a DVD....... you can't go wrong with "Monsters Inc."
BTW... I have the same set. (42H82)
After using Avia..... here's what a few of my settings are(for Reference only);
  • Contrast 34
  • Brightness 28
  • Color 65
  • Tint -10
  • Sharpness 32
  • Fleshtone "Off"
  • DNR "Off"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics