1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pulp Fiction Special Edition dvd quality better than original dvd?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by BrianEK, May 3, 2004.

1. BrianEK

BrianEK Well-Known Member

I just watched my Pulp Fiction dvd for the first time on my 30" widescreen HDTV. It looked absolutely horrible. Picture quality sucks and people still looked stretched even though it is a widescreen dvd. My tv and dvd player are set up correctly to widescreen and every other dvd looks fine (i watch about 2/wk). So I was wondering if buying the newer special edition pulp fiction looks any better than the one I already have. It's one of my favorite movies of all time and i'm willing to re-purchase it if the special edition looks better. Has anyone see the difference in quality of the two dvd versions that could help me out?

2. Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin Well-Known Member

Well, it consistently makes the top 50 and 100 DVD lists at most any forum or website you see, so I'm guessing the transfer is pretty great (I owned it but had to sell it before I had a chance to view it).

Also, you've posted this in the wrong forum. [​IMG]

3. ScottJH

ScottJH Well-Known Member

Scott
    The first Pulp Fiction DVD was not "16x9 enhanced". It's a straight letterbox transfer. You have to zoom in or switch to 4x3 mode(bars on the side) to get the proper look. I'd get the SE.

4. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Well-Known Member

It's been moved now.

M.

5. Mark Bendiksen

Mark Bendiksen Well-Known Member

The two-disc SE is better in every respect. You won't be disappointed.

6. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Well-Known Member

The SE is definitely better than the previous release, but as Scott said, the strech problem is caused by the first release not being anamorphic.