What's new

Pulp Fiction Special Edition dvd quality better than original dvd? (1 Viewer)

BrianEK

Stunt Coordinator
I just watched my Pulp Fiction dvd for the first time on my 30" widescreen HDTV. It looked absolutely horrible. Picture quality sucks and people still looked stretched even though it is a widescreen dvd. My tv and dvd player are set up correctly to widescreen and every other dvd looks fine (i watch about 2/wk). So I was wondering if buying the newer special edition pulp fiction looks any better than the one I already have. It's one of my favorite movies of all time and i'm willing to re-purchase it if the special edition looks better. Has anyone see the difference in quality of the two dvd versions that could help me out?

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Well, it consistently makes the top 50 and 100 DVD lists at most any forum or website you see, so I'm guessing the transfer is pretty great (I owned it but had to sell it before I had a chance to view it).

Also, you've posted this in the wrong forum. ;)

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
The first Pulp Fiction DVD was not "16x9 enhanced". It's a straight letterbox transfer. You have to zoom in or switch to 4x3 mode(bars on the side) to get the proper look. I'd get the SE.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
The SE is definitely better than the previous release, but as Scott said, the strech problem is caused by the first release not being anamorphic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks