What's new

Psych Season 7 (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
After a long break, Psych finally comes back. Season 7 starts Feb 27th. First episode is titled: "Santabarbaratown 2, Lethal Weapon 5" This is also the season where we will get a Clue:The Movie episode with some of the cast making appearances. We will also get a musical episode where the entire casts sings. There is also a rumor about another ying-yang epsiode with Ally Sheedy Psych has also been renewed for Season 8 I'm so glad to have Psych back!!

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I have to say, I was pretty shocked at the ending of the last season. If they follow through on it, it could be a pretty big shakeup which a show like this rarely gets. I kind of suspect somehow he'll be fine though, as unlikely as that would be.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Dule Hill stated that USA Network said that their 2 hour episode of the musical can't run with this coming season and has to be a stand alone episode by itself as a special. Dule Hill says well probably see it later on in the year.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
This season has been a real let down.It seems like they cut down on Shawn's psych moments and "how they did it" moments.Last weeks has been the best "No Country For Two Old Men"Tonight's episode is their special 100th episode, which is based solely on the 1985 movie Clue. We get to vote on which killer ending we want. They say east coast and west coast might have different endings.I'm curious to know what each one gets.The Psych credit opening will also get the special Clue treatment.Also with Tears For Fears Curt Smith making an appearance.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I have to admit, I was really disappointed in this episode. That might be because Clue is one of my all-time favorites though. :D Still, I thought they did a much better job with the Twin Peaks one as compared to this.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
West coast voters got a different ending
Christopher Llyod as the author

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I could have sworn that Juliette knew Shawn was a fake.Wasn't that revealed a few seasons ago?

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I really liked tonight's episode "Right Turn or Left For Dead"A Sliding Doors or It's a Wonderful Life inspired episode where Shawn imagines what would have happened if Juliet never found out the truth.Very well put together episode.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if the local affiliates could choose what they want or if they just happened to get the earlier feed.

I live on the west side (20 miles west of Idaho) and we got the Clizby the Butler Ending.

Would have been fun to see The Author version.

My choice was Lesley Anne Warren but blew it on that one. She's aged a bit, but still gorgeous.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
USA Network Press Release said:
News
May 8, 2017
PSYCH-OS REJOICE!
SHAWN AND GUS TEAM UP FOR AN EPIC TWO-HOUR ‘PSYCH’ HOLIDAY MOVIE, SET TO PREMIERE ON USA NETWORK IN DECEMBER 2017

From Universal Cable Productions, PSYCH: THE MOVIE is Executive Produced by Steve Franks, James Roday, Dulé Hill and Tagline Pictures

Universal City, CA -- May 8, 2017 -- USA Network and Universal Cable Productions (UCP) have an early holiday present for fans of their hit series PSYCH. Fake psychic detective Shawn Spencer (James Roday) and his best friend, Burton “Gus” Guster (Dulé Hill), will team up once again, returning to USA for the holidays, when the two-hour PSYCH: THE MOVIE premieres in December 2017. PSYCH creator Steve Franks co-wrote the movie with Roday and will also direct the special.

Lassiter (Timothy Omundson), Juliet (Maggie Lawson), Henry (Corbin Bernsen) and Chief Vick (Kirsten Nelson) will also return for the movie, which picks up three years after the series finale. The ambitious friends -- along with some returning fan-favorite characters -- come together during the holidays after a mystery assailant targets one of their own. A comedic thrill ride follows, as the wild and unpredictable PSYCH team pursues the bad guys, justice …and food!

"PSYCH is a beloved part of our USA family, and what better time to reunite with family than the holidays.” said Chris McCumber, President, Entertainment Networks for NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment. “Steve and James have taken the unique brand of comedy that the series honed over eight seasons and packed it in to a two-hour movie that successfully rekindles one of the greatest bro-mances in television history.”

PSYCH has an absolutely phenomenal and constantly refreshing fan base. We couldn’t be more thrilled to gift our Psych-os this holiday season with PSYCH: THE MOVIE,” said Jeff Wachtel, Chief Content Officer, NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, and President, Universal Cable Productions. “Steve, James, Dulé and the rest of the gang are all returning for a delightful holiday movie that will not – nay, dare not – disappoint!”

PSYCH: THE MOVIE is executive produced by Franks, Roday and Hill, along with Chris Henze and Kelly Kulchak via Tagline Pictures. The special is from Universal Cable Productions in association with Tagline.PSYCH: THE MOVIE goes into production on May 24.

After eight seasons and 121 episodes, PSYCH packed up its pineapples and said farewell in March 2014. During its final season, PSYCH was cable’s #1 original series in its timeslot among P18-49, P25-54 and P18-34, averaging over 3 million viewers P2+.* Over the series’ full run (2006-2014), PSYCH averaged over 4.5 million viewers (4.541MM P2+).**

About USA Network

USA Network, the leader in cable entertainment, offers a powerful stable of dramatic, comedic and unscripted originals in more than 102 million U.S. homes. The network also features spectacular live television, a dynamic portfolio of acquired series and the best in blockbuster theatrical films and entertainment events. A trailblazer in digital innovation and storytelling, USA is defining, driving and setting the industry standard for Social TV. USA is a program service of NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, a division of NBCUniversal. USA’s award-winning website is located at http://www.usanetwork.com. Watch USA Network anywhere: On Demand, online or across mobile and connected TVs.

About Universal Cable Productions:

Universal Cable Productions (UCP) creates innovative and critically acclaimed original scripted and digital content across media platforms for domestic and international distribution. In the U.S., UCP’s programming can be seen across various networks including the Emmy and Golden Globe award-winning drama “Mr. Robot,” “Colony,” “Falling Water,” “Playing House,” “Shooter,” “The Sinner” and “Suits” on USA Network; “12 Monkeys,” “Killjoys” and “The Magicians” on Syfy; “Girlfriends’ Guide To Divorce” and “Imposters” on Bravo; “The Arrangement” and “The Royals” on E!; “Difficult People” on Hulu; and "HarmonQuest" on Seeso. UCP’s content library includes critic and fan favorites such as the Emmy-award winning “Monk” as well as “Psych” and “Battlestar Galactica.” Universal Cable Productions is a part of NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies. Follow us @UCPisTV.

* Source: Nielsen; 2014; 12/30/13-12/28/14; time period rank is 1/8/14-3/26/14 for Wed. 9p-10p cable programs (including new episodes and repeats) with at least three telecasts; Live+7 data

** Source: TVROCS; New episodes of Psych from 2006-2014; Live+7 data

###

Tracy St.Pierre / USA Network
[email protected]

Katherine Nelson / USA Network
[email protected]

Nidia Caceros Kilde / Universal Cable Productions
[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads