What's new

Psst.. Apple Just got REAL with the Enterprise (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
"If the user accepts the Configuration Profile, certain minimal security can be required, such as passcode settings."Minimal security, such as..."However, the enterprise can still initiate a remote device wipe, making it important for the user to keep independent backups."This is why I stopped connecting my iPhone to my previous employer's email, and have mad no effort to connect to the new employers email. I don't want the risk of external destruction of my apps and data.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I turned down a company blackberry five years ago. I chose no smartphone over having to own a Blackberry (Even free, It was going to be too much hassle shoveling coal into that little phone, keeping the fires stoked for its steam-powered services.)It was only a matter of time for even big corps to let go of BB for something else.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
I'd genuinely amazed that there are real businesses out there still using Blackberries, were it not for the fact that so many banks clung to IE 6 til the bitter end. And whatever bad things you can say about BB, they have nothing on IE 6.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks