What's new

PSB Stratus Owners - What pro and amp / receiver do you use? (1 Viewer)

MikeNagy

Stunt Coordinator
I've been looking at nad t752, HK 525, and Marantz 7300 (probably not the marantz due to the lowest sub xover is 80 Hz) and I've been dabbling with the idea of doing hardcore searching for used seperates at bargain prices, but it's all just a blur now.

So yeah, what do you guys use?

Nick V

Second Unit
Right now I'm using a Yamaha RXV-1200 with a Rotel RB-1070 2ch. amp to power my Stratus Mini mains.

Hopefully I'll get some funds in order to pickup a Krell Showcase pre/pro and Showcase 5 amp before the end of the month to capitalize on the crazy deal they're currently putting on.

Khoa Tran

Supporting Actor
i'd say that NAD, i have a h/k 520 for my pre/pro for my ht and a nad c320bee for my bedroom...i prefer the sound of the nad, i think it's much fuller sound, i would suggest you go and listen to both in the same conditions and decide for yourself, because one man's opinion may be crap to another...

I have the PSB Stratus Silvers and use an Anthem PVA7 amplifier and my Sony STR-DA5ES as a preamp. I use four of the channels on the PVA7 to biamplify the Silvers and I run one pair of surround speakers off the DA5ES. The bilamplification has worked out well for me and I am very pleased with the setup.

MikeNagy

Stunt Coordinator
I like full sound :) And the Pacific Sales in Torrance carries both Nad and PSB; hopefully the product lines / models that I am interested in. I smell an audition trip coming up.

Then again...Pacific Sales could be like Good Guys...overpriced stuff sold by people who don't know what they're doing and don't care, either. We'll see.

Bi-amping...mmmm...
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
I'll have to save that one for next summer, though.

ReggieW

Screenwriter
Mike,

I have a NAD T762 on the way which I purchased from Yawa. I have PSB Stratus minis and a Stratus C5 center. The power in the NAD's is very clean and efficient, and they should be able to easily power the Stratus series - which is a 4 ohm speaker.

Reg

Prathavan V

Stunt Coordinator
I've got an Anthem MCA 20 powering my Stratus Golds and an Anthem MCA 30 powering my Stratus mini's. All are fed signals from my Anthem AVM20.

I was previously running those speakers with a Pio Elite receiver and then later with a Denon Receiver. Nothing wrong with either of those receivers, but I can't believe how much better the speakers sounded with a seperate (and more powerful) amp!! The new pre-pro probably had something to do with it also :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks