What's new

PSB Image T55? (1 Viewer)

Greg Gable

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Greg
The WAF has been beaten and she is now allowing me to get tower speakers. She was going to make me use bookshelves on the mantel and I was going to use the SVS system. That being said...I think I would like to go with the PSB Image T55; would anyone steer me in a different direction? This will be used in conjunction with the SVS PB12-Plus/2 , Image center and some cheap Sonys for surround sound(for now) My budget for mains is right around $1000. The room is ~9000 cubic feet.

ChrisAG

Supporting Actor
If WAF is still a factor for tower speakers Totem Sttafs are one of the best looking on the market, though they may be a little more than $1000.

Greg Gable

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Greg
I do have a very large room and this is an old post. I was able to upgrade everything and ended up going a different route. Here is a really long story on what happened.

Well I went a little crazy this weekend while the S.O. was out for girl’s night. I decided that I would just relax and watch some TV; as I sat there and strained to look at the TV mounted above the fireplace my frustration grew stronger and stronger. As many of you know, I was restrained to placing the TV there based on the WAF. I spent many hours running wires and cable through the wall and ceiling to that location for a clean look but this was it…time to strap on some “big ones”, step up to the plate and be a man! I ran across the street and asked my neighbor if he could help me pull the TV down. Once it was in the floor; I was scared, I was shaking, Sweat poured down my temple but I knew what I had to do. I begin undoing everything I had worked so hard on…I was like a crazed man, tearing down everything…I only stopped on occasion to think how much trouble I would be in when she got home.

When she arrived I met her in the garage and told her to be open-minded when she walked into the house. She walked in and said…I LOVE IT! She told me I was possessed by this HT demon and it was time to just finish it. She said write down everything that is on your list and first thing in the morning we would go do the final purchases. She also set some new rules and said they were not flexible. No SVS or HSU sub, they were just too big and she would not allow it. No bookshelf speakers for surround; they would go in the ceiling. No delayed purchases from ID companies, everything would be purchased first thing in the morning; IT IS TIME TO FINISH THIS AND START ENJOYING IT. I had no choice but to say ok.

Saturday morning: I begin running the wires for the in-ceiling speakers and finishing up all connections…she headed to the AV store with my list. When she arrived she had Sonance Symphony in-ceilings speakers, Paradigm servo-15 sub (I just asked her to please get me a pretty good sub) and the Yamaha IPOD dock. All I could say is “thank you” as I eagerly hooked up everything.

As you can see from the pictures, I used two end tables for the entertainment rack (she wants to take her time to pick out the right piece of furniture. My center channel is a little low and to the left but it will work for now. I still need to “clean up” the wires/cables under the system but I am waiting for the Direct TV guy to come out first.

I really wanted the SVS but I am truly impressed with the servo15; it really rocks. The in-ceilings sounded great; I found myself startled and looking over my shoulder many times during Gladiator. I am very pleased with the outcome of this adventure. It looks great and sounds phenomenal (the pictures do not do it justice).

Once again; thanks for every one’s help in this quest. It has been fun, tiresome and mentally taxing…what a hobby!

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
Well, I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying your new system. It is a great hobby to have. It is probably one of the more useful hobbies because who doesn't watch TV or movies? I was always spectacle (sp?) about in-ceiling speakers. They always seemed "weak" and "small" and that they didn't have much clarity. Mediocre if I may add. Well, it seems that you're enjoying that sub as well. I hope you guys enjoy the new system and get your living built up right! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks