What's new

Ps3 decoding to receiver (1 Viewer)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I'm not "up" on what Denon leaves out of their entry-level lineup(the 1913 is the entry level 7.1)...

What volume controls does it have?

I'm used to Onkyo(700 series and up) and Integra and they throw every conceivable volume control in.

If you just have Dolby volume control, it won't work on DTS at all. IF it does have Aud, that can be used on anything.

I've not tried Dolby volume control on Multi-CH PCM. Matter of fact, if I use "volume control" at all it, is Onkyo's "Night Mode". It works on everything(I only use it late at night while setting the AVR as "no subwoofer"...which takes mere seconds to "remove" the subwoofer and add it back in).

AlphaPie

Agent
Real Name
Lucax
schan1269 said:
I'm not "up" on what Denon leaves out of their entry-level lineup(the 1913 is the entry level 7.1)... What volume controls does it have? I'm used to Onkyo(700 series and up) and Integra and they throw every conceivable volume control in. If you just have Dolby volume control, it won't work on DTS at all. IF it does have Aud, that can be used on anything. I've not tried Dolby volume control on Multi-CH PCM. Matter of fact, if I use "volume control" at all it, is Onkyo's "Night Mode". It works on everything(I only use it late at night while setting the AVR as "no subwoofer"...which takes mere seconds to "remove" the subwoofer and add it back in).
It has Aud and dolby sound control. It has dynamic eq and volume control and the ability to adjust dialogue through the center channel separate from the Aud settings as well as LFE control and subwoofer out. And a cinima auto eq.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
So you are golden on "something" working on Multi-Ch PCM. (the only HDMI Multi-Ch PCM I use is from an Oppo 970 playing SACD...and it would be a travesty to use volume control during SACD playback...)

I would hope that if it is receiving Multi-Ch PCM it only lets you see what you can use...or if you attempt to use something it will say "unavailable".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks